1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

ISIS: Your thoughts?"

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by dan the man, Dec 23, 2014.

1. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

ISIS: Your thoughts?

If yes, I would love to know your thoughts on what is going on in the world right now with ISIS. Do you support their mission? Are you neutral on the subject? Or are you against what they are doing?

I find it rather disturbing that such a group exists. It's Nazis all over again. That a group exists with an open statement of wanting to do a mass religious cleansing should disturb everyone, seeing as they are acting out on it. There is no place in this modern world of ours for such a narrow minded group that has the intent of killing anyone who does not believe in what they believe in.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  2. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Oh boy...

3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Religion is ftl.

4. rivethead

rivethead Neg'd 4 Lyfe

I'm a bit surprised by this thread, and I don't think you're going to get anyone to take the bait, unless it's simply trolling.

For the record, I don't consider myself a follower of any organized religion, but I don't rule out the potential for veracity of any, either. To my mind, ISIS is an extreme splinter group of the Muslim faith, and I do not judge Muslims as a whole by the actions of a faction, any more than I judge all Christians by the murder of Dr. George Tiller, or by the hundreds of donations for the legal defense of Scott Roeder...and that's just one case out of many.

psychotic zealots come in all shapes, colors and creeds. They're a cancer afflicting all of humanity.

rh

kanobro likes this.
  5. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

I certainly don't think that ISIS is a good representation of Islam in general, but I also think it's foolish for more moderate Muslims to say that what ISIS practices isn't Islam. Religion is schismatic by nature, and no faction can ever show that any other is objectively wrong. It's one of the biggest problems with religion, in fact.

6. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

If you are going to ask that shouldn't you ask Christians how they feel about people like KKK for example and how they represent the South and Christianity. I don't think taking one extremist group from a religion and have them represent an entire religion.

7. dan the man

Why's that? This is the "Politics and Religion" section, and what is occurring in the world right now because of ISIS is in the news every single day. And what appears in the news is rather horrific.

Personally, if there is anyone on this board who supports ISIS in anyway, I would like to know who they are so that I can cease to have anything to do with them whatsoever. Not a bad thing to know who wants you and any other non-believers dead.

8. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

I think if someone killed my family I would spend the rest of my life trying to make there life as horrible as possible.

I think if I were born in the middle east in 1986 I'd probably be doing some fucked up shit right now.

9. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

I'll bet you ISIS is made-up, like Israel's land.

10. dan the man

If I was reading about the KKK killing people on a daily basis, and looking to grow larger so they can do so on a bigger scale, then I would be asking that question.

Nowhere have I said that I feel ISIS represents all Muslims.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  11. #1taz

#1taz You sure you want me to give a fuck? Site Donor

Religion tends to be controlling by it's very design. Some poeple use it as a guideline to assist them with their daily life and that can be a good thing. Then there are some that take it to the extreme and try to use it to justify some fairly oppressive actions. The worst of those are those in authority or power positions that are little more than deranged people operating like maniacal psycopathic control freaks commiting horrible despicable acts of cowardice.

But that analogy can be applied to a lot of large groups of organized people that have a common belief system.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups. It's a crowd mentality thing.

12. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

A Muslim, a Jew, and a Nazi walk into a bar...

Kano likes this.
  13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

You should change your name to Dan_Is_Fuckin_Hilarious. Dude has been here a week, and he's already trying to smoke out any Muslims on this forum.

Nebraska and Kano like this.
  14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Dan are you in te CIA?

Poindexter likes this.
  15. dan the man

Haha......hey, I gotta know with whom I am sharing all of this priceless wisdom and wit with! ;)

Maybe.......but let's keep that between you and me.

Good post. I'd rep you, but I gotta spread it around before I can send some more your way. My "rep power" is so low, you probably wouldn't notice it anyway.

16. #1taz

Shhh...he's in the witness protection program too. So don't tell anyone. And if anyone asks - you haven't seen him.

M'kay?

17. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

America has long defended its oil interests and Israel in the Middle East, but there has been alot of collateral damage towards civilians. Therein lies the rub, what would you do if you were born in Iraq and your brother/son/daughter/wife was killed by a cruise missile or drone strike and you had nothing left to live for? I can entirely understand the mentality of those joining ISIS. All the disgusting images of torture and rape one would see after joining ISIS becomes normalized. Their new recruits either choose to leave and die or join in.

Believe it or not, Americans have tortured and raped during war as well, definitely not on the same scale but they did. After so much war and hatred against a side you have been indoctrinated into despising, one can do incredibly cruel and unforgivable things.

Precisely. For someone to feel holier than thou to be a moderate Christian is laughable. Should one be commended for being a moderate or for being a Christian? Or even for being an American? I'd counter by saying you were lucky that you weren't born into a slave camp in the Congo and your worship of Christianity means nothing. You did nothing to be born into being indoctrinated and raised by the Rome of these times.

Were you born in Iraq, you'd be taught to be a Muslim. You would be a Muslim. Not by choice, but by what the norm is. You'd conform because your family would make you conform. You are no different than a Muslim or a Sihk. You chose to retain your religion given to you by your family.

Religion has always been a scam of bilking money out of the poor in order to further the agenda of the ruling Elite. Modern democratic systems evolved from theocratic monarchies. They just haven't shed the old world ideas. These ideas were not made from enlightened saints rather they were written by obsessive religious fanatics or the ruling Elite. The flock was taught to live how they Elite wanted while the Elite lived counter to the laws they lay forth. Religion has always been a way to control a populous in order to tax them or political motives towards war. Religion rules by superstition not by enlightenment.

God is the universe and the universe is God. People worship God in order to give gratitude for the creation of this plant and for their own birth, but the main reason they worship their God is out of fear of death. That's what keeps the butts in the seats in Sunday. The mistake the religious make is worshiping God instead of focusing on the inter-connectivity of man and Nature. When they focus on "teachings" they forget that we are all One with unique perspectives due to unique experiences. No other has lived the same life as another. Instead of beating down a man for not believing what you believe, you should try to understand him not try to convert him.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  18. RearNakedSmoker

RearNakedSmoker Runnin' with the Devil

DURKA DURKA MOHAMMED JIHAD.

Sniggles and Dirty like this.
  19. #1taz

I agree. In this life you come into it broke and naked and you are gonna leave it broke and naked. What you possess while you are still alive is only temporary. And you can lose it all in the time it takes to blink. Nothing on this earth truly belongs to us. Instead...we belong to it. We came from it and when we die - we return to it.

Myths and imaginary beings have nothing to do with any of that.

Sniggles likes this.
  20. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

What insight would be provided on ISIS simply by being Muslim? ISIS is murdering Muslims. I'm not a expert on Near East affairs but I'd imagine that most, and by most I mean nearly all, Muslims disavow the actions of ISIS who are an extremist group first, Muslim a very distant second.

Do we have any extremists on the board? I'd wager if you have a computer, a chair, the Internet, and bagel bites, kinda hard to be extremist. On things other than comic book movies of course.

RF76 likes this.