"Invicta FC 27: Kianzad vs. Kaufman" Live Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Splog, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Splog

Splog Gold Member

[​IMG]

2. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Jade Ripley looked amateur hour.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 13, 2018, ---
    Spencer vs Al-Hameed has been decent so far. AH has landed some nice strikes.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

4. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Sarah Kaufman def. Pannie Kianzad via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Vanessa Porto def. Mariana Morais via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:19 of round 1

Sharon Jacobson def. Ashley Nichols via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Ashley Cummins def. Stephanie Alba via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Brogan Walker-Sanchez def. Cheri Muraski via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Felicia Spencer def. Akeela Al-Hameed via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Mallory Martin def. Tiffany Masters via TKO (punches) at 3:36 of round 2

Loma Lookboonmee def. Mellissa Wang via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-26)

Helen Peralta def. Jade Ripley via TKO (punches) at 2:21 of round 1
    https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/1/...27-kaufman-vs-kianzad-results-live-discussion

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Noise

Noise Ruido

"Brogan" lol.

6. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I think I'd hold off on Peralta's 'on another level striking' until she beats someone that's actually had real fights. we all know how a really bad striker can look good beating really worse strikers.

She might be awesome. but 'on another level' is just a touch 'hyperbole'. did anyone see that fight? jesus.

did you hear what she said got her into MMA? she'd never fought before, but watched holly holm vs ronda rousey and decided what she would have done differently. Someone sitting with her at the bar they were at said 'you do that if you think it's so easy' and peralta said 'ok i will' and that's how she got here tonight!

A girl that had never trained mma, watched a fight 2 years ago talkin about how she'd do it differently and here she is.

'another level'. how bout we give it some time eh? lest we forget that ronda rousey was also 'on another level'. she was, it was just monumentally lower than anyone knew

Noise likes this.
  7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Wasn't it mostly haymakers?

8. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

yeah. that was really a bad fight. I'll admit, Peralta looked good and composed, but to use that fight to say she was 'on another level' is just... bad.
    I think she could be good though. she clearly has a boxing background of some kind, or is training it a lot.

But i don't believe taht came from 2 years of training. she had a history of it before that fight.

had to have

being complimentary is one thing, but that hyperbole really isn't needed
    --- Post Added -- Jan 14, 2018, ---
    By the way, I know about a month ago Invicta signed a bunch of women, so maybe something exciting is brewing? i hope so

Poindexter likes this.