I'm a dummy when it comes to cars...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SickNasty, Jun 14, 2018.

1. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

But I fixed my turn signal and the windshield washer pump all by my muthafuckin self!

Don't care how gay this is.

I'm like a kid who just learned how to tie his shoes!

I can conquer the fucking world!

All during my lunchtime too!!!!!!!!!!!

split2874, Poindexter, Spoon and 5 others like this.
  2. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

So you changed the bulb and topped off the fluid? :)

3. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Changed the bulb, which was way fucking easier than I anticipated. Wholy smokes everyone should do that shit themselves

My windshield washer pump stopped working. I would activate the windshield cleaner to spray the windshield and it wouldn't spray, but the wipers would work. So I bought a pump, took off the plastic wheel well protector unplugged the pump electric, took off the hose, then pulled out the pump from the fluid reservoir. I didn't think ahead so all the fluid in the tank spilled out and got my pants real wet. Then I plugged the hose to the pump, the electric as well, then stuffed that fucker into the tank and that's it!

I almost took that shit to the shop to have it done for me. Like I was ssssoooo close.

Qball1974 likes this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Good job homie

5. disposableassassin

disposableassassin I'd like to introduce you to my replacement Site Donor

Everything I've ever learned how to do to a car I learned through YouTube tutorials. Brakes, fuel pump, thermostat, ect. It's a valuable resource.

SickNasty, Rise and Kevo like this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I like the old putting the banana in the tailpipe myself.

SickNasty and disposableassassin like this.
  7. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

anyone on here ever replaced the piston return springs on a chevy pickup. my pickup hasn't been running very good so I brought it to a local shop. The mechanic told me my return springs were getting weak and needed to be replaced.

he normally charges $600 to do this job but he could give me a break on labor and do it for $450.

Wondering if I should try it myself.

Spoon likes this.
  8. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

If you can run 100 miles then you should be able to do it. Do it.

I’ve done tons of car work. Unfortunately it is all under the direct supervision of my fathernlaw mechanic. I basically lift and tighten what he says.

Kano likes this.
  9. disposableassassin

disposableassassin I'd like to introduce you to my replacement Site Donor

My dad is about to do that very thing to my mom's trailblazer. He's an engineer though.

Kano likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Depends on how easily accessible the cylinders are. If it's a V6 with the rear head crammed way back, where it's hard to get to, prepare to do a lot of cussing. Regardless, you should get it done ASAP, or you might damage the crankshaft and connecting rods beyond repair.

I probably shouldn't be giving anyone advice though. I drove an Audi TT into my bosses $9,000 tool box at work today...twice. Thought it was in reverse, but it was in 1st gear. Apparently you have to push the shifter towards the ground to get it to shift into reverse. He took it surprisingly well, and made sure to let everyone know, so they could make fun of me mercilessly all day. Everyone else around was just disappointed that the air bags didn't go off. Jokes on them, the air bags were already fucked.

Kano likes this.
  11. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

It is the six. (4.3 liter).

Thanks buddy.