1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

I always thought Isaac Hayes quit South Park in protest to the scientology episode.

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by thumper, Apr 9, 2017.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I remember reading everywhere that he left the show after the scientology episode because he was mad how they portrayed it (he is a scientologist). that's nowhere near what happened. he didn't quit at all and I didn't know this. this shit came out at least 8 months ago. was this not publicized?

One of his scientology people quit for him after he had a stroke and couldn't speak or even comprehend it according to his son.

I don't remember seeing that written anywhere. granted I have memory issues but i don't remember seeing this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/south-park-20-years-history-trey-parker-matt-stone-928212

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

That's fucked.

Ninjastix likes this.
  3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

That's the cost of having other people think for you, to me it's not different than any other philosophy that mandates you ascribe to it in totality leaving no room for the possibility it could very well be utterly false. It's very disheartening to hear how people struggle to leave, not just Scientology, but cult-like establishments in general. At the same time I'm under no illusions that for some people the fear of the repercussions keeps them complicit.

For that I have no sympathy. Start killing a few scientologist here and there. Eventually they'll stop bothering you.

kanobro and Poindexter like this.
  4. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Same thing as Democrats and Republicans...