Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ninjastix, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Looks like we Carolinians are gonna take a direct hit from a category 3 or 4 hurricane. Hope you folks are preparing, shit is gonna get ugly sometime Thursday.

2. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I'm supposed to be going to Charleston Saturday....not sure if thats gonna happen now

3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Various Storms & Saints Breaking Down Sky Full of Song
    How Hurricane Drunk What The Water Gave Me, Only If For A Night
    Shake It Out How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

be careful mixing weed and cough medicine
    you might end up blaring radio friendly english rock music instead of the normal Death Metal

thumper likes this.
  4. Ninjastix

Definitely not advisable, Charleston is low land and flat, very prone to floods. This system is gonna deliver 3 days of sustained rain to the area. The winds concern me, not sure this area can deal with it.

Anticipating losing power for a bit. Normally Raleigh averts most of the damage but looks like we're gonna get cornholed this time.

5. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Yeah, it's for my brother's ceremony, so we'll see

thumper likes this.
  6. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Better you then me :D

Good luck and stay safe.

thumper likes this.
  7. Ninjastix

The recent predictive models have the storm barreling over Raleigh but it's still early. There's a system in the Caribbean that's going to influence it's trajectory, hopefully (for us) with a northeastern bend.

If the storm heads over us directly the high pressure system in the Northeast is gonna lock the fucker in place which means flooding. Going to be a shit show.

thumper likes this.
  8. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I've been through 2 hurricanes the last 2 years. This one appears to be a behemoth and will fortunately miss Jacksonville. Are you folks in NC/SC going to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm if it doesn't weaken, or are ya'll getting the F out of there?

thumper likes this.
  9. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

If the storm doesn't weaken getting to Charleston even after the storm passes could be a real pain in the ass. I suspect flooding will be a big problem there. It obviously goes without saying, but you and yours stay safe.

10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Yeah normally I would say fuck it, but it’s a pretty big event for my brother. Looking like Monday now too

11. Ninjastix

Lol the latest info on WRAL was hilarious, basically we don't know what the fuck is gonna happen just something. Less is known now about the trajectory than before. Once it hits land it can veer off northeast or even curl southwest. It's possible the fucking moutains of NC take tropical storm winds.

Thanks Obama.

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Tuck and roll.

13. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Don’t pull a groundgame
    --- Post Added -- Sep 11, 2018, ---
    Also, good luck, I have some friends down there as well. Other than you guys of course.

Poindexter likes this.
  14. Ninjastix

New forecast has it swinging a bit south of us with South Carolina worse for the wear. There is a scenario whereby this fucking thing stalls through Tuesday. TUESDAY!

15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Make sure you stock up on booze and smokes. They usually ban sales after a storm.

16. Ninjastix

I got Xanax and Valtrex. I'm good.

Monsonbychoke and Kevo like this.
  17. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Ever been through a hurricane before?

Trodden likes this.
  18. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I'm even closer to the coast than Ninja and we are expecting to get hit full force. My daughter lives up in Raleigh and her mom is taking her to the mountains for the weekend to get out of the way.

We've been hoarding water, food and batteries all week so hopefully that's okay.

The thing that concerns me more is being down for business for what could be 4-5 days in the heart of the month. Most of my bills are due this time of month and it may take weeks and weeks to recover from losing 4-5 days and that's if everything doesn't get destroyed. So I'm rooting for this motherfucker to swing Northeast.

They're already implementing sundown to sunrise curfews starting tomorrow in my county. You can get charged with a misdemeanor for violating curfew.

Ninjastix likes this.
  19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Doesn't insurance cover loss of wages?
    --- Post Added -- Sep 11, 2018, ---
    [​IMG]

20. Ninjastix

Gloria in '85 then Matthew in what, 2016? Or was Matthew last year?