Hunting and Fishing Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Miz, Nov 12, 2014.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

wow, way to skip the entire meaning of my post and try to deflect the topic.

There are many reasons to not allow some things to go extinct. medicinal, residual effects on other animals or plants, food etc. What I'm saying is your statement made absolutely no sense that because we have the ability to means we should absolutely ignore everything in nature.

Do you really think that saving some species from extinction is not helpful to not only our planet, but to us and to other forms fo life?

This really isn't a hard thing to understand, but you don't want to address that.

The problem is, you take the stance of appearing to care, but you clearly don't. only someone that doesn't care would just say fuck it, if they die they die. There are conservation projects on animals all over the world that we have a responsibility to manage. Even if we have no impact on their extinction.

and if you so much believe that 'nature should just take its course', you must not use medicine derived from plants, or hell, any medicine at all since that's not natural. it's a silly statement. But more directly, it's just an arrogant statement, or ignorant. not sure which.

2. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Our future mechanical overlords will show us no empathy as they hunt us down, destroy our homes, spill oil and chemicals in all the drinking water, desecrate entire regions with nuclear scars and process us for energy. If we are nice they may cage some of us to point at and mock for their own studies and amusement. Worry not for nature. The universe will have its revenge.

3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everything drops to zero

and eventually all life on Earth will be extinct

might as well find out what they taste like before their all gone

everything alive today, is alive because it fed on something else alive, why play favorites?

unless it tastes damn good, then I want all of em in my freezer

4. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

If we didn't have a hand in why a species is on the verge of extinction, then it would be unnatural for us to intervene. If we still choose to do so, we have no clue as to the effects down the road of interfering with nature. That, my man, is the arrogance and ignorance of humans.

Sure, doing what we have to do to better human-kind is what we do. Thinking that we know what the after-effects and long-term effects will be is ignorant and arrogant.

Sorry, just chuckling to myself as I read that.

I care about all forms of life. I also care about the balance of nature. I also care that altering the course of nature can have effects that we are unaware of.

Sure, I benefit from modern medicine. I cannot say I deeply research any and all medications before I use them, meaning how their development affects the environment long-term. Maybe I don't want to know, and just trust that whomever has developed said medicines are responsible in doing so. Humans do whatever benefits them the most, and really only worries about the present-tense. It's so easy to do, because whomever is alive today won't be in about 100 years from now.

This is getting off topic now. I do not support trophy hunting at all, nor sport hunting. That is the bottom line. How we have come to this point in our discussion, I do not know, and at this point, I do not care anymore. I resent your referring to me as ignorant and/or arrogant - I can say the same about you but prefer to try to have a logical discussion and be respectful about it. Believe whatever the fuck you want, and I'll believe whatever the fuck I want. We clearly do not agree - no harm, no foul.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  5. Trodden

[​IMG]

foul's are fun

[​IMG]

6. dan the man

Trodden likes this.
  7. Trodden

looks tasty

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cYqOKCUeQyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. cheeseflosser

cheeseflosser Well-Known Member

That would make a hell of a TROPHY.....

Too soon?

9. Trodden

just invite me to the BBQ

10. Neganomics

Neganomics Your Trusted Web M.Deezy

Yeah recently humans have caused a lot of extinction. I wasn't arguing that. I was simply pointing out how negligent his comment about humans causing "most extinctions" was.

It's awesome that you're on your high horse now when just a page ago, you were all:

11. dan the man

Yeah, that response was fueled by his initial use of the words. Difference is that i was not referring to someone specifically.

12. Neganomics

Alright. So question: do you consider a beaver dam "natural"? Or a bird's nest? Or an ant hill?

13. dan the man

Yes on all counts. Why?

14. Neganomics

Because they are structural manipulations of nature by animals. So do you consider a skyscraper natural?

15. dan the man

Not sure where you are going with this, but generally I would say anything created by man is unnatural.

16. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

actually i think it was pretty clear where he was going, and he's right

17. dan the man

Really? Well, why don't you clue me in, because I don't see it.

18. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Nope, just a good look for my Pop's game room. T

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

And the fawns aren't my possession. They're baby deer that are fed to grow into big bucks and healthy doe so I can bludgeon them and devour their flesh.

19. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor

It's simple. People building shelter is natural. It is as natural fucking or hunting. We have done these things our entire existence.

20. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

I don't think a nest is akin to a 100 story building 0.0