House Republican Says to Cut Food Stamps to Pay for Trump's Border Wall

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Jul 14, 2017.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ

King also equated a rise in food stamps to a rise in obesity.
    No one knows exactly how much President Trump's proposed "big, beautiful wall" between Mexico and the US will cost or how it will be paid for. Trump has repeatedly said Mexico will foot the bill. Mexico begs to differ. And now, a Republican Representative from Iowa, Steve King, has a new plan. During an interview on CNNyesterday, King suggested that certain Americans should bear a disproportionate burden of paying for the wall: low-income women, and the hungry.

A spending bill, introduced by the House Appropriations Committee this week allocates $1.6 billion of federal funds to the wall. But no one really thinks that's enough to pay for the massive project. In fact, an MIT study found that the 1,000-mile wall could cost as much as $40 billion—with $8.7 billion for concrete, $4.6 billion for steel, and labor costs as high as $27 billion.

No prob, said King on CNN. King said, "I'd throw another $5 billion on the pile, and I would find half of a billion of dollars of that right out of Planned Parenthood's budget. And the rest of it could come out of food stamps and the entitlements that are being spread out for people who have not worked in three generations."

Food stamps, officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, offer assistance to roughly 45 million low-income people in the US on a regular basis. The program's funding is already on the chopping block, given that Trump's recent budget proposed cutting it by 25 percent over the next decade.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/art...wall?utm_campaign=global&utm_source=vicefbanz

we still playing this Border Wall game? and to tie it to food stamps is brilliant move actually, two things republicans hate the most, poor people and Mexicans. Now if they could tie it to BLM and LTGBTQ groups they would hit a homerun with their redneck constituents.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 14, 2017, ---

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Beautiful!

3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Isn't Mexico paying for the wall?

Lol, what a jackass

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Poindexter

5. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Damn, Republicans HATE poor people.

6. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Fuck yeah they do. My dad is embarrassed of me for being a single father who has to live with help from government aid. Aid that he would love to see cut just as much as his president would.

7. Kano

is he also as adamant about cutting aid to oil companies and does he address it with the same vim and vigor.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

He is usually too busy spouting racist rhetoric to address oil companies.

Poindexter and Kano like this.
  9. Kano

I hear lots of that in one circle I travel in.
    Also family.

10. Poindexter

11. Poindexter

12. Poindexter

13. Poindexter