Help

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Clark Kent, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

@Clark Kent you still kicking ass?

Day 12 of my push-up sit-up challenge. I’m on my fourth day of being able to do 200 pushups. I’m also doing sit-ups, some squats, some jumping jacks, and I’m going for a short run today.

I already have 75 down for the day. I feel so much better with a lot of energy. I was in the Army and used to do BJJ a lot, so it will be nice to be fit again.

2. Miz

12 straight days of 200 pushups!

@MongoloidByChoke Monson,
    I got a gym membership at the college I’m working at. Lifted a little today. Just bench and squat as I’ve already done 200 pushups and sit-ups (I’m working a vb game tonight.). My question is dead lifts. I’ve never done them much. Should I. My lower backs not great. Could I still do them? How to correctly. I want to be strong. Just not by sight, but by actual strength.

Kano likes this.
  3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

it's amazing how many ailments (mental and physical) that will cure.

Poindexter and Miz like this.
  4. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Well it depends, is your back not great due to muscular issues or is it your actual back. If you have issues use a hex bar instead to dead lift instead of the standard barbell pull

Miz likes this.
  5. Miz

Nothing structurally wrong. Just threw it out and saw the chiropractor a few times. I quit full on sit ups and have just been getting my shoulder off the floor.
    What do you consider the most important exercise(s) for strength? Squats? I like to bench. I never really dead lifted very much. If my back could handle it should I? Just keep my back straight and I’ll be fine, right?

6. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

No you should just look up proper deadlift form. There is essentially 2 ways to pull. Conventional and sumo. Look them up on YouTube. You can’t pull sumo on a hex bar though. So I have not deadlifted in a long time just because of how my training is going but I have been squatting. I went to just see what I could do for the hell of it. I pulled 405 for 3 like a total joke. I’m trying for 600 by end of October maybe November

Miz likes this.
  7. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

and for gods sake do your turkish getups

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Miz

Day 27 of my push-up challenge. I’ve done at least two hundred pushups for the past 19 days. I’ve also done sit-ups 1 for 1 with pushups, and squats (but not 200), and some other exercises. Can definitely tell a difference. I’m about 6 pounds leaner. I’d post pics but I’d blind you with my ginger whiteness. Feels so fucking good!