Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

Help

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Clark Kent, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

ever since my daughter was born I stopped working out. It’s been 8 months. I built a really nice gym downstairs that has everything I need expect a leg press.

But I’ve put on about 25lbs after losing over 100.

I make every excuse in my head not to do it. I’m always saying tomorrow, I’ll do it tomorrow.

I’m starting to hate myself and get depressed over it.

Being 100 honest I found myself crying yesterday because all the work I did, changing my body, diet and everything is pretty much gone.

I don’t know what to do, and how to break downward spiral I have found myself in.

It’s not like I don’t have the time.

I’m up usually at night and would be going to get in 30 min to an hour at 2am for a 3 days a week be good for a few weeks then up the days.

I keep thinking we’ll i was in the gym 5 or 6 days a week and 3 days isn’t anything so why do it.

Any advise on how to overcome this.

2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Have you tried using your daughter as motivation?

Maybe in those moments where you are telling yourself the reasons that you’ll work out later instead use them to imagine the life events you want to her experience — first word, first lost tooth, learning to ride a bike, first day of school, graduation, marriage, grandchildren, etc. Maybe that will light a fire.

S=E and Poindexter like this.
  3. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

You have to mentally want it. You have to want to get in that fucking gym and destroy yourself. You have got to plant your feet down and say this is fucking it. I’m done fucking around, I’m getting back to where I was and not a single thing is going to stop me from doing it. As you gain progress this will only fuel your desire to do this. Any negative feeling you are having,Get in the gym and take those frustrations out there. Do not let anything else take hold. Just go get that old you back. Don’t stop,keep going and you will get what you want. Make it your priority, do it for you, it’s a must.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Ninjastix and Poindexter like this.
  4. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

It is simple yet can be so very hard to make happen: JUST DO IT. Go. Get your ass back in there! 3 days is fine. It’s supposed to be a lifestyle. You did the transformation which is the real beast, and you beat it. 3 days a week is perfectly fine for you now just to keep your body in motion and maintain physical capabilities, and it should make you happy to do even 3 days a week. Physical fitness is not meant to be all or nothing unless you’re a pro athlete.

From one guy to another, I’m begging you to do it. I stopped working out 4 years ago, gained 80lbs, 10 inches in pants size, and am in the worst fucking shape of my life. I’ve been to the dr to make sure I am not prediabetic and have even checked my heart because of the ways I have felt physically that I had never felt before. And sex sucks now compared to when I was younger. Being the kind of person I am, it holds my life back in so many ways and deeply affects the way I live. Do not be like me. You know how it is to be at your worst. Fuck that. Do not slip back into that shit.

You lost over 100lbs which is fucking amazing. Now you only have 25 to lose. That won’t be shit for you man. You can knock that out at a nice steady pace compared to what you did before. You know what? Challenge yourself. Make it 35lbs. That way there’s a little taste of something new. You can do it man.

I would personally love to know you go for it and knock it out so I can be happy knowing that you, someone who has achieved an amazing feat in fitness once before, doesn’t allow themselves to fall into a similar situation as I have.

You think you’re depressed now? It will be 100x worse if you don’t put yourself in check now. Remember, small goals first and you’ll knock them out swiftly. I bet if you do 3 days a week for a couple weeks, you’ll amp the days back up quickly cause you want it. 3-5 months, you’ll be right where you left off, and that’s at a steady pace.

Please go get back to it. Your mind is playing tricks on you. It’s a very common mind state you’re experiencing when it comes to this. Just go turn on some music and have fun.

5. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’m out of shape. My brother and I were on vacation and decided to start a push-up and sit-up challenge. My goal is 200 pu and 200 su a day. Right now I’m just at 75. We are going to do this for 30 days. I’m feeling stronger and it’s only been 4 days.

I’m breaking them down into 50 rep sets. Right now I can only do so many correct so I finish out the rest modified. I’m also doing 20 body squats and 50 jumping jacks each time, but this is not a part of our competition.

I bet if you do 50 pushups and 50 sit-ups a day for two weeks you’ll be ready for your gym. I’m hoping this will get me back to wanting to do the adult BJJ class and not just coach the kids.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 13, 2019, ---
    @MongoloidByChoke i took some nudes at day 1 and I’ll take some at day 30. If you want in I’ll pm you mine if you pm yours first.

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Sounds like you might have a bit of postpartum depression. Maybe talk to somebody.

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  7. Miz

Yes. If you have one of those things where you strap the baby to your chest, then do that and go walk at the park or mall. That will make you feel better. It’s what I did with my newest one. You can do lunges and all sort of work outs with them. Like Kevo said, if you’re depressed, then talk to someone. I get depressed. Mine gets bad in the fall. The more I get out and walk and exercise the better I am.

I’ve cried out of the blue before. Just talk to someone if you feel like you need to. Don’t bottle it up.

Cat--Smasher and Poindexter like this.
  8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I was in killer shape myself before my incident last December. It took a month to recover from the concussion and I haven't worked out since. I need to find my motivation again myself.

S=E, Poindexter and Miz like this.
  9. MongoloidByChoke

You have already sent me nudes and I never asked for them in the first place.

Poindexter, Kevo and Miz like this.
  10. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Yea it happens to a lot of guys after they're wives give birth. Ironically working out is a great way to battle it.

Cat--Smasher and Miz like this.
  11. MongoloidByChoke

That and banging the neighbor

12. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

a workout partner can help.

Cat--Smasher and Miz like this.
  13. Miz

Do the push up challenge with me Clarke. I’m only on day four. I’m not starting the real 30 till I can do the 200 (if I can do the 200). Several of us could do it? All I did was take a picture and now I’m logging how many I do each day. I did a max day on Friday. I did 34 good push ups and 40 good sit ups.

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Unless your neighbor is @Miz

Cat--Smasher, Poindexter and Miz like this.
  15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

It sucks but fitness, health, and nutrition are life long goals buddy. You will have slips, lapses, you'll make mistakes.

But I agree that you should make your daughter and family your motivation. And scope it out - you don't have to change everything in a day. Get your nutrition right and start back with the exercises you enjoy first. Get your confidence back up a bit, then set some sort term goals to push yourself.

The longer you punish yourself the more time you're gonna feel like you've wasted. Just start light and toss any junk food in your home. Get a few weeks in of nice clean eating. Get a few days of some light to moderate exercise and you'll notice your mood change.

16. Miz

Clarke, go into your kitchen, with your baby in your arms, and say “Alexa, play Big Country in a Big Country.” It’s how I like to start my day!
    “Come our screaming!”

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

One hundred percent. It's a game of attrition. Any small progress and consistency builds on itself and brings you to the next level closer to where you want to be. Even if you lose a couple pounds a month it is worth it. I have some friends that can only accept immediate drastic results. Instead of losing two pounds a month for a year—twenty-four MF'n pounds—they quit, and now ten to twelve months later they actually are a few pounds heavier than when they were starting the new regimen.

Miz and Ninjastix like this.
  18. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Simplify your life with Tabata interval training.

Kano and Miz like this.
  19. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Great stuff, I book marked it. This will get incorporated into my routine.

Miz likes this.
  20. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I know it’s not much but I did 50 push ups and 100 sit ups and walked 1 1/2 miles tonight.

S=E, Kevo, Miz and 2 others like this.