1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Headphones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Poindexter, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

[​IMG]

Can anyone recommend some really good wireless headphones? Preferably the over the ear kind.

2. Frag x 3

Frag x 3 everybody's friend

I have the Backbeat 903+ Bluetooth headphones. Battery lasts a long time, especially in standby time. I can go a month or three without turning them on and they'll have a few hours of use in them.

3. Poindexter

Awesome, I'll check them out. Thanks.

4. Poindexter

Any updates on this inquiry? I'm looking for something on a budget.

5. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

What is MOST important to you about them?

Bass/club sound?
    Accurate musical reproduction?
    Hearing voices clearly?
    Portability?
    Cost?
    Support?
    Wireless?

6. Poindexter

Best musical reproduction for the best price. Price is the major consideration. I want them to be wireless.

7. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

What’s your theoretical price limit?

8. Poindexter

Less than one hundred.

9. nbm02ss

nbm02ss Well-Known Member

I am not sure that you'll be able to grab budget headphones with accurate sound reproduction for under $100 and keep the wireless feature. For budget headphones with accurate sound reproduction you'd be very hard pressed to beat Audio Technica's MTH line of headphones, but they'll be wired.

Poindexter likes this.
  10. Poindexter

Thanks. I'll check 'em out.

11. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

The Audio Technias are typically widely recommended for bang vs buck.

I finally got a pair of Jaybird X3s to work provided I don't breathe on the charge cradle. Paired with the memory phone inserts they cancel all outside noise, don't cook your ear like over-the-ears, and have their own EQ app. Hard to beat for the price point for wireless but they are buds not headphones.

Poindexter likes this.
  12. Poindexter

Nice. I'll look at those.

13. Poindexter

Either of these any good? I'll basically be using them occasionally to watch TV at my house, to watch events streaming on my computer, and for listening to music when I walk to/from work.

14. nbm02ss

I'm revising my recommendation to the AKG N200 wireless earbuds. These things have outstandingly accurate sound reproduction; better than any other wireless earbuds I've tried (though I haven't tried any $200+, fuck that) especially for sub $100.

Poindexter likes this.
  15. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I prefer over the ear headsets. It always feels weird having ear buds in my ear.

Poindexter likes this.
  16. nbm02ss

To each their own, of course, but I find myself hardly noticing these.

Dimson likes this.
  17. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

I have a hard time finding earbuds that fit my ear properly. I love to run though so a good pair is essential for me

18. Ninjastix

Over ear gets my ears so warm the wax inside my earholes melts out like some rancid caramel.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 4, 2018, ---
    After a couple of months with them I would recommend the Jaybirds. I think the X4s are either out or coming out but so long as you can get the X3s with foam tips you'll be golden. The foam tips are a must unless you're one of those inhuman fucks that doesn't profusely sweat when you work out.

I use Android so I run my own EQ then the Jaybird EQ runs on top that. The Jaybird's are loud enough where some of the volume I lose through balancing is mitigated. Coupled with the foam tips sound is insulated and they don't slip out of my ear due to sweat. They're a 7/10 in terms of comfort where most earbuds are a 4/10 for me. I find hard shell buds to be the most comfortable but they do not insulate sound for shit.

I listen to a lop of Hip Hop so sound balancing is a must for me to drop the mids so vocals are clean, clear, and resonate. The double EQ allows me to tweak the levels to damn near perfection.

I still hate the charge cradle design but I handle it like a faberge egg. Thus far it's been fine.

19. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

I'll definitely have to look into those. I intend to pick up a nice pair around the beginning of the year.

20. Ninjastix

Best Buy had them on sale for 79.99 a few months back. If the X4s are out the price should come down. The key is to make sure they come with the foam tips (Comply foam tips?).

21. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

got my fiance some Bob Marley Wireless headphones for Christmas they sound really good