Has Anyone Else Noticed How F'n Big GSP has Gotten

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Notrightn0w, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Noise

Noise Ruido

The knees Kerr lands at the 9:20 mark: bah GAWD, King; Bah gAWD.

thumper likes this.
  2. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

He’s fine now though, right?

Nebraska and thumper like this.
  3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

he definitely has no concerns about HIV, AIDS or any other illness now.

Nebraska likes this.
  4. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

One of the craziest and most interesting things I've ever heard is the interview with Trisha Morrison wherein she denies that he ever had AIDS. It's a really interesting look into how people self-delude in an extreme case. Link here: http://www.lineupmma.com/episode-41-tommy-morrison-rousey/

Also, as an aside, I miss Sean Wheelock. His podcasts were always interesting, no idea why he stopped.

thumper and Poindexter like this.
  5. thumper

Was he ever diagnosed with AIDS? i don't think he was. he had HIV. kind of a Magic Johnson thing except magic took meds, Tommy refused to and claimed those drugs were propaganda.

Shocking to me he never contracted AIDS and he died of cardiac arrest because he was in septic shock and had multiple organ failures from an infection.

that dude, if he hadn't been diagnosed with HIV, was just about to be signed to fight mike tyson. that would have been such a HUGE fight.

course this all might have been discussed in the interview, I haven't listened to it yet
    --- Post Added -- Dec 25, 2017, ---
    yeah. i think they must have added in sound effects because the sound from the strikes in all of those fights just was nauseating.

6. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Yeh, sorry, I got that wrong. I think she denied him even having HIV if I remember it correctly though. If I remember correctly the gist was:

Trisha: "Hey, this test isn't perfect so it was a conspiracy by the commission to slander him"
    Big John: "Well, no, it's a screening procedure. The next step was for him to undergo more diagnostic testing. And if that passed, he would have been licensed. So why didn't he do it?"
    Trisha: [kinda sad deflection]

7. thumper

yeah that's a bummer.

8. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor