Has Anyone Else Noticed How F'n Big GSP has Gotten

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Notrightn0w, Feb 16, 2009.

1. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

I knew that, too: Off the Record with Michael Landsberg on TSN/UFC Countdown both covered that.

2. tick

tick is banned?

We also posted a snippet of a interview with his nutritionist John Berardi who said the same thing...

http://forum.mmaspot.net/showthread.php?t=18516&highlight=Berardi

3. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I think he uses HGH and he may cycle some roids from time to time. He probably doesn't use the roids as much now because of the much stricter drug testing, but I would bet anything he uses HGH regularly. I have no problem with HGH. GSP, knock yourself out, but dont do illegal steroids.

4. Fat Ass

Fat Ass I need Help

why do you think that?

5. TriangleSmoke

Against Mayhem (virtually the same size he was against Serra. If you disagree, post a photo comparison)
    [​IMG]

Against Hughes 3 (I think, but it's definitely one of the more recent fights since he got ko'd)
    [​IMG]

That's a significant size increase. I definitely think he's been using HGH, and I think he may have used illegal steroids before. Obvously i have no proof, but i just call it like I see it. Eating right and two years of growth when you're already in your mid 20's wont add that kind of mass naturally IMO.

6. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

2 years is quite a bit of time....

Proper nutrition and exercise can definitely do that imo... maybe not for your average person but for professional athletes working with professional trainers and nutritionists, it's certainly possible.

7. tick

tick is banned?

He might take HGH or a steroids but the I do not think he needed them to make the gains he has made. People can put on good size/strength with just a great diet and workout plan.

8. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

HGH is 90% a health and healing drug. I wish people would learn that.

It's how Diego Sanchez can look good like BJ never split his skull open 10 days after the cut.

HGH is how most of these guys are able to compete with the small injuries they have. It's a miracle drug. The only reason it's not sold in mass quantities is the unknown and known side effects (increase in bone density, kidney damage)

9. strife

strife I

Don't forget the enlargement of organs. Case in point: HGH guts like GSP and Randy have.

kanobro likes this.
  10. Notrightn0w

Notrightn0w Smells like a whorehouse

this would have been so much better had the double down existed back then.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

this is exactly how i feel about HGH. It offers no advantages in a fight whatsoever, it really is just used to heal during training and after fights. Hell, I support HGH usage if it means I can see some of these guys fight more regularly. … That is of course assuming there are no medical side effects, then damn it to hell. I even considered taking HGH a few years ago when I was in Muay Thai.

11. TriangleSmoke

HGH is fine for a 50 year old man who wants to feel like a 25 year old man, but competitors shouldn't be fucking with it.

Is there even a test for HGH?

12. Gmunit

Gmunit Slightly Used

See Randy Couture or Shaquille O'Neal for positive results

I didn't think there was, but a bunch of kids from the University of Waterloo just got nailed for it, there is an on-going investigation and the Uni had to cancel their program this year

13. tick

tick is banned?

I thought they could test for it with blood?

14. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Yep they can. But it can be easily masked. A few weeks ago, a running back at the University of Waterloo was the first to pop for it since the test was developed.

15. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

The UFC doesn't do blood tests though, right? Only piss?

16. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

UFC doesn't do any it, the state commissions do.

And its only piss tests. I think one or two might draw blood, but they aren't checking for drug use, just disease.

And as of today, non of the major sports testing programs even test for the masking agents of HGH. They test for steroid masks, but not the HGH ones.

Good and bad parts of drug testing is protecting the participants from their own doing and balancing the playing field. But in general and in truth, a fighter/player on steroids has less advantage in a contest as a fighter/player on stimulants or pain killers.

Steroids / HGH = help in the gym
    Ephedra / Stimulants / Pain Killers = help in the competition

All the dudes bitching about Barry Bonds and steroids should have been even more pissed about Clemens and Schilling pitching on pain killers and meth (no quite, but ephedra loaded).

17. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Most commission's do a blood test, but like Sandy said, it's only for Diseases.

Now Olympic style testing is a different thing.

18. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

remember though, it was a commission blood test that said Tommy Morrison had AIDS.

19. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Was was confirmed to have HIV, right?

Now he is testing positive for nothing?

I remember him saying his t blood cell count was like 17 or something like that.

20. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

Yeah what's up with that, if he HIV positive or what?