1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Else Noticed How F'n Big GSP has Gotten

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Notrightn0w, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Notrightn0w

Notrightn0w Smells like a whorehouse

I begin this post by saying this is not Greasegate involved and I'm not accusing him of being a roider.

Anyway, I'm watching Ultimate KOs 6 right now, and the first Serra fight was on. I hadn't noticed how much bigger he is now than he was back then. That shit is serious. He has to walk around at least 10 or 15 lbs heavier than he used to.

2. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

He looks a lot bigger now than in the Herion fight but not the Serra fight.

3. brvheart

brvheart .:: It's there, look ::.

he came in to the Penn fight at 187lbs if that tells you anything - he is a beast

4. Heese

Heese New Member

special kind of poutines that add the muscle

5. Notrightn0w

Notrightn0w Smells like a whorehouse

Nah man, he is clearly bigger since that fight.

6. Problematique

Problematique Silver for monsters, steel for humans.

I think he is bigger, just more heavy weight lifting, steroids (possibly) but unlikely.

Alves has 13lbs on him, wow.

7. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

I think he walks around at just over 200lbs when he's not cutting weight for a fight.

Also.....HGH...

8. Krazikarl

Krazikarl Cthulhu fhtagn

Well, that was a few years ago and he is still in his mid 20s. People can still grow pretty fast at that age, especially if they work out a lot. One good example that I remember is Shaquille O'Neil. Think of him early in his career in Orlando then a few years later in LA. He hit a similar spurt.

9. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Ok it took a while, but here are two pictures. One of GSP from UFC 48 and then one of him at the weigh in for UFC 94. Sorry I couldn't find weigh in pictures for both events. He looks about the same to me in both pictures. I dunno. Did he look more ripped at 94? Yeah, but bigger? Not so much.
    UFC 48
    [​IMG]

UFC 94
    [​IMG]

10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Yes but now add 17 pounds to the second picture.

11. The Sundance Kid

There is nothing or nobody to compare him to in either picture.lol

12. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Ok here's a pic from UFC 94 (not the weigh in)
    [​IMG]

And for those that are lazy, here's the UFC 48 picture:
    [​IMG]

No way is he bigger now. Just more cut as I said.

13. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

i think hes a little bigger, but mainly just stronger...he works harder then anybody in mma and i think hes just getting stronger...maybe a little bigger but really strong..

14. The Sundance Kid

He has no doubt put on some mass IMO.

He is a HUGE WW

15. kc56

kc56 Free Dirty!

He put on most of his increased muscle mass when he started training with Team Jackson. They showed some of the workouts they had him doing, and I remember him dragging a sled down a hallway or something. You could see it especially in his legs, they got much bigger.

I also remember him talking about how much harder he was working and how much stronger he felt now. There is something to be said for leaving your comfort zone and going to train with someone else to improve your game.

16. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Agreed. He was always a beast, but he's been putting on that man meat over the past couple of years.

17. Severn

Severn Master of the Iron Claw

He looks more toned but I don't see a world of difference between the pics from UFC48 and UFC94.

18. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Yea maybe you should reevaluate your argument because that first picture is from UFC 52, buddy.

19. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Also, neither pics show his legs which are much stronger.

20. kc56

kc56 Free Dirty!

Couldn't have said it any better myself :)