1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2mcgrath, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Exactly.

2. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

Been here since 2008, knew a bunch of you prior from News, and it's been so many awesome years. Appreciate you guys for keeping me sane and entertained throughout the years with your humor, nonsense, nonsense, nonsense, and great mma conversations.

Love you bros

3. Miz

Miz Badlands

So people make 16 things for dinner. Why can't we decide on four things and make them awesome? Why must we have marshmallow jello salad? Stop people. For the sake of all fucks lets smoke a fucking turkey and choose three sides. 16 deserts now that's doable. (Forgive me Plumbing problems at my house...fuck you it's not an euphemism I have fucking plumbing problems.)

Spoon and Poindexter like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Gobble gobble fuckers. Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving!

5. Noise

Noise Ruido

Seriously, been on this forum for a long while through a ton of shit - Till deth do us part, cuh's: :rip:.

6. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

No matter what I do I can't seem to crack the turkey code. Everyone loved my turkey, but I did everything I could to impart flavor into that bitch and I didn't taste nuffin...

This year I did cut apples candied in Grand Marnier, Amaretto, and honey. That went into the bird after soaking all night. Also going into the bird and under the skin was food processed Pecans soak in brown sugar and Grand Marnier. Instead of tenting the bird in foil... I used bacon because I have testicles.

So 3 lbs of bacon formed an artificial skin on this bitch. And still... nuffin. Shit just tasted like turkey. No matter what you do, shit tastes like plain old turkey. So fuck it, I'm done trying to make turkey have more flavor than just turkey. Next year I'm doing a stuffed pork loin. Cuban-style stuffed, roasted pork loin.

7. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Thanksgiving was a month ago, you yankees really are slow!

8. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Do what @MIZjitzZOU said, and smoke that shit. Inject that shit, rubs that shit, and smoke it.

Beyond that, I completely agree. My dad has spent an entire day doing different shit to turkey and chicken, and the shit just tastes like turkey and chicken (certainly didn't have the heart to tell him.) Smoking is the way to go, for sure.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 29, 2015, ---
    How cute. The Canadians came up with a whole day for them to be thankful that the U.S. didn't invade and take them over. We appreciate that... you hosers.

Hillbilly likes this.
  9. Poindexter

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I'm very happy to have been able to post with you over this fairly lengthy amount of time. I do find it an interesting part of my life. Enjoy yourselves. I'm gonna take it easy with this woman here and this tyrannical (almost) six year old.

[​IMG]

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

I’ll be working. Fucking hate this job at times. 3 thanksgiving days off and 2xmas in 15 years. Sucks my asshole

kanobro likes this.
  11. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

My boss says "the pulpmill doesn't know it's Thanksgiving"

12. Walter Sobchak

That’s cause he is a jagoff

Poindexter and kanobro like this.
  13. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Happy thanksgiving man. Mine is almost 6 too.

Damn. Guess it's safe to say that sometimes you just have to say... fuck the police! Happy thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving to all of you here. Hope your day is full of food and appreciation.

14. Walter Sobchak

Yeah that’s fucking old news, like I haven’t heard that a million times.

15. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Deluxe Edition

Happy Thanksgiving to my extended MMA family! I Love You Guys. So glad I made the move over here and joined the ranks years ago. I am grateful to have the opportunity to talk combat sports and shoot the shit with you lot :D cheers\

Let's Feast

m1ckey kn0x and Poindexter like this.
  16. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

What does everyone have to eat?

17. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I have to eat Kristen Ledlow's ass. It's not a want anymore it's passed into a compulsion.

But what that has to do with Thanksgiving I'm not sure.

18. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

19. Walter Sobchak

Teachers are paid very well up this way

20. Poindexter

Yeah, everything's golden up in them parts, I heard.