1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Groundgame's Training log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by groundgame, Jan 16, 2009.

1. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Well today I start on the quest to get some of this excess weight I have gained from eating fast-food and soda.

I ran for 1 hr doing intervals, and I lifted doing biceps and chest.

I did ok today limiting calories to 1400 total for the day, and no soda. I ate only fruits and vegetables with a 8 ounce fish filet.

Height: 6'4
    Starting weight: 246

Goal Weight: 220

I will update daily if I can, and will also try and keep track of my food on here.

If anyone knows where to get the weight watchers calculator and also kind of what my daily points should be I would highly appreciate it.

2. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Good luck, and keep us updated

3. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Well I am doing decent on my diet.

I woke up did a 2 mile run on the treadmill. I then worked triceps and back today.

Took a shower then ate 3 egg whites and a piece of wheat toast.

For lunch I downed 2 big glasses of water, waited 20 minutes then ate a Turkey sandwich with mustard and wheat bread.

I had a whole lot of people over for the fight, and they ordered pizza and hot wings (I love HW) I didn't have any at all, and sent the left overs home with them.

I am cooking a tuna melt with a slice of real cheddar and 2 pieces of wheat toast.

I am going to run another mile at 9 pm.

Today was hard, but I made myself ignore pizza and hotwings (the usual when watching a fight). I am not really hungry, when I get that way I go play a game or do something to preoccupy myself.

I am proud of myself I have gone 2 days with no soda, only water. I purchased some crystal light packets to take with me so I can mix them with water. They are 10 calories and they come in ten different flavors. The pink lemonade is good. I got some splenda , and sweet and low, so I can make tea a few days a week.

4. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

that's good work man !!!

5. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Today i woke up early so I got a full 1 1/2 hr interval run in. Plus did legs this morning.

Showered ate a small bowl of Go Lean Crunch.

For lunch I had 5 crackers with 2 tbsp of Peanut Butter.

I got a good 4 mile jog in before the football games.

I didn't eat much today because tonight I cooked fried chicken and mash potatoes and gravy. I at 2 drumsticks and a 1/2 cup of mash potatoes and 2 tsp of gravy.

Water all day no soda.

I am going to get a 2 mile walk in a few hours before bed.

Diet is going good. I found the hardest part is not eating out of habit and boredom. I watched the games and usually I would eat a bag of chips and salsa, and maybe get a boat of sushi, or order chinese. I snacked on a handful of almonds while watching today.

I bought a dorm size fridge for my office, so i can take my lunch and have snacks that are healthy while I am there.

6. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Just make sure you are eating ENOUGH food. Otherwise your body will totally reject everything you are doing. Your cardio is a bit much to just start out with I would say from a your body will reject this stand point.

Most workouts/diets have you eating around 500 calories less than what you burn per day (equals about 1lb per week), but you can push your body to about 700 calories less and still be ok. It's when you get above that, especially in the beginning, that your body just shuts down and you get sick. And while I can attest to the getting sick helps cut weight, it's that in between time (sick and healthy) that sucks the most.

So I would either eat a bit more through out the day, or I would slow down the cardio. Twice a day is good, but don't over do it in the beginning. The last thing you want is your body to go into shock and not do what you want it to do.

On a side note with weight watchers: I've been reading Nate's blog and the big thing is he isn't exercising at all and can get away with not eating through out the day. If you are working out, you NEED to be feeding your body good healthy food about every 3 hours. This will help maximize your losses. So your saved points for the day to have a big meal might seem like a good idea, but I can't see how it can be good on your body with how much you are doing cardio.

7. groundgame

groundgame New Member

it's crazy, but I feel good and I have tons more energy it seems. i just start running and when I get tired I stop. I may crash later, so i will take your advice and up the calories a little. I never started out to run this much, but I just have tons of energy.

I am having hell with headaches though. I think it's the caffeine. I am going to make some tea for in the morning and have 2 glasses tomorrow. I always have trouble sleeping so i use the cardio to curb the appetite during my down time.

I am keeping the calories kind of low due to trying to shrink my stomach a little. I figured I ate around 1200 to 1500 calories today. I burned quite a bit though. I used to run all the time, so it's just a natural thing I don't feel too winded at all.

Tomorrow is my off day except a light cardio. I will do a 1 mile walk in the morning with incline, and then a 1 mile incline walk at night. I am waiting on the crash though due to the fewer calories. I keep forgetting I do eat an apple and a banana as snacks each day, and I am on a multi vitamin. I also drink a muscle milk after I lift.

Again Thanks steve, nate, bwit, and anyone I forgot for the encouragement and advice.

8. Warchief

Warchief Active Member

Goodluck!

9. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

keep it up man!! and your welcome you gotta add us on aim we'll keep you as encouraged as possible haha

and yea u dont seem to be eating enough like thebwit said esp for the amount of cardio you are doin.. but try it out and if you notice yourself feeling drained you know what the issue is.

10. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Fuck me. You're 6'4 and 240lbs and only eating 1200 calories. Your system is bound to go into shock.

And yeah with the running I know exactly what you are talking about. It is very easy to just keep going once you get into a good pace. But as I said, I would slow it down. Don't want to burn out too quickly. The energy you have right now is from the exercise in general and eating better.

To help with the headaches drink Iced Tea that YOU BREW or from a fast food drive through. Don't drink that bottled shit. You can also try excedrine which should have caffeine in it. Your body is going through with draw, and just be thankful you are only getting headaches. One time I gave up caffeine and I felt like I was a drug patient going through with draw. Then I figured out the iced tea trick and all is well.

11. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Started the day with a mile walk with 7% incline.

Ate an Orange and 3 whole eggs, plus 2 pieces of wheat toast with Parkay spray.

I went to the Park and played football for about 2 hours. Played wide receiver and cb. So a lot of running.

Came home and had a 6 inch sub from Subway. Turkey, Cheese,lettuce, tomatoe,onion, green pepper, ranch

I went for a 2 mile walk with my friend.

I am having Roast and vegetables for dinner.

I had 3 Crystal light Packs today @ 10 calories each.

I feel pretty good.

Tomorrow I go back to Weights and Running. I will try and keep calories at about 1700 calories tomorrow. And also tone down the cardio a little.

12. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Keep up the good work. Glad to see you are upping your calories.

13. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Hey you give advice and I will take it.

14. Noob

Noob www.myspace.com/mmaspot

Go go gadget training routine.

Best of luck buddy, keep it up. :)

15. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Thanks guys!

Woke up at 4:30 this morning, and I took a 2 mile jog with no incline or intervals.

Ate 3 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and an Orange.

For lunch I had a Turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and honey mustard. I ate a 100 calorie pack of oreos. And had a crystal light pack.

I worked out at the office on the crossbow today. Did some shoulders and calves, just to do something.

For dinner we went to Yamato Japanese Steakhouse. I had 2 pieces of Fatty Tuna, and a spider roll.

I will finish today out with an orange, and a 2 mile walk with 5% incline.

The cravings are starting to ease up, And I think the headaches are starting to ease also.

I tried to add aim today and something on my computer is blocking it. My best friend is coming over tomorrow and take a look at it.

16. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Well training came to a screeching halt yesterday afternoon. I have severe food poisoning. I ate a tuna wrap from subway yesterday, and about 4 hours later I was doubled over in pain on the verge of tears. I thought it may be my appendix, but that was not the case.

One good thing is I can't eat anything solid or liquid, so my calories are down to 0. I am on a strictly water diet for 2-3 days. So come weigh in day I may be down 5-10 lbs. That's me looking on the bright side.

17. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Food poisoning will only last for about 24 hours. You should still eat some food, but keep it to soft foods like Banana's, rice, etc... Don't be eating steak or anything like that.

Oh and stay away from anything like tuna from a sandwich shop. I can't tell you how potentially bad that stuff is.

18. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Finally over being sick!!

Weighed in today at 236. I dropped 10 lbs in a week. I think that is because I couldn't eat anything for 2 days though.

I got up and did a 3 mile jog. No work today Ice Storm.

Ate a bowl of frosted mini wheats.

for lunch i will eat 2 Turkey and mustard sandwiches. And a grapefruit.

I will update later.

19. thebwit

thebwit Guest

Congrats on the weight loss! Don't be surprised however if next week you didn't lose anything else or even gained because you were sick this past week. I got sick and I lost a good amount of weight, then the following week was up 2lbs. Not a big deal if you know why you might gain it. So don't let that deter you.

20. groundgame

groundgame New Member

Yeah I figured that I would either be up next week or close to the same. That food poisoning was terrible. I had no appetite after I got over it. I had to make myself eat. And actually I just noticed it has been 10 days already. So not a week.