Gi Revew Thread

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by Noob, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I checked and I can't find any my size. I wear an A5-A6.

2. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

3. Dimson

I am looking for a black gi because that is our gyms main color and I look terrible in white, lol. I checked their black gis, but they were all sold out of my size. Also do you recommend buying top and bottoms separate for someone like me? I am a bigger guy, but I am short for a A5 or A6 gi. Those gis are meant for guys well over 6 foot tall but I am only 5'10.

4. bradlabo

Yes if it is an option get whatever will be most comfortable. You can always hem long pants but then the extra material in the knee area will be more on your shin.

5. Dimson

Is it worth the extra money to buy a nice gi when you are just learning? I saw some really nice ones that look like they are more comfortable than the "value" gis. But I am not sure if it is much different.

6. bradlabo

93 brand is a comfy gi. I have a mixture of expensive gis and cheap ones. I keep 2 expensive ones for comp purely. And my other ones are strictly training. I just bought one for $70 from the same company that makes Shoyoroll. It is just a blank gi.

7. Dimson

What company is that? Lol.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 8, 2019, ---
    @Palma @Amlap who do you recommend for short fat guys like myself?

8. bradlabo

I actually do not know. I train with Ricardo "baleia" Amendolia. (He does commentary for flo and commentates ADCC) anyways, i tjink he gave a girl at my gym some contact for it and she does orders from time to time. Can't beat $70cdn for a gi.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 8, 2019, ---
    Also Killer Bee does some great custom gis. I bought one a few years ago and it held up for quite awhile.

Dimson likes this.
  9. Dimson

You sir are the man. This is exactly what I need.

10. Dimson

So it looks like I have no choice but to pony up the big bucks and get a fully custom gi due to my body type. I am just too fat for my height so it is impossible to find anything in my size. I am currently working with rollbliss.com to get my gi made. The best part is, I am working with the person who is going to make my gi so we will be in constant communication to make sure I get the perfect fit. I am excited, I just wish I could get a cheap gi like I got my son, lol.

11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Make sure they include the requisite ball room.

12. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I think you're going to love your custom gi and be glad you got it despite the cost.

Dimson likes this.
  13. Dimson

I hope so because it ain't cheap! Lol. I will post a pic once I get the final mock up and then once I get it.

Kano likes this.
  14. Dimson

Here is the final mock up for my soon to be new fully custom gi. Super excited.
    [​IMG]

Kano likes this.
  15. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Very nice

16. Dimson

My gi should be here on Friday. I have already seen the final product, now I can't wait to try it on.