1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Gi Revew Thread

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by Noob, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

my vulcan ultra light will be in soon, i'm pretty excited to test it out. Redstar generally is shit tho i agree, i have no experience with the summer version though. Keiko and Koral are BEAST, I find keiko very hard to do a proper gi choke on because of hte thickness of the collar which is pretty ballin for the wearer

2. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

update 1: vulcan ultra light got in today, omfg is it ever light (duh) obviously i thought it would be hella thin but this is nuts. Im soo paranoid im gonna tear it in half, it's soo comfy to roll in but at the same time the paranoia is scary.

ill let u guys know how the rest of the week goes as ill be testing it all week.

3. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

[​IMG]

Just got it and I have to say it is the best fitting most comfrotable gi I own .. I love it

4. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

sick man, how much did it run you/how thick is it?

5. bradlabo

just ordered this gi, review to come soon.. I will have 6 gi's now lol...

[​IMG]

6. bradlabo

Got this gi a few months ago. There sizing is a little big but I shrunk it and it now is my best fitting gi. It is very comfortable and the collar is stiff but not too bad. Def my fav gi atm and I will be buying another one. I highly recommend this gi, it came to 170 after shipping. Steve got the white one which is $20 cheaper and he also loves it. Big bang for your buck here. I also have a custom killerbeegi on it's way that I cannot wait for. I am thinking of getting down to LFW so the A1 is def where it is at for me..[​IMG]

http://thegrapplingaddict.com/?p=2306

7. bradlabo

Just got the Shoyoroll Gold Weave Comp Standard, going to make this my competition gi. Can't wait to try it out. Sadly that means i am retiring my Killer Bee Custom. I got it white with green stitching, my name and gym embroidered in green also. This was my best fitting gi, i had an A2 ( I am 155lbs, and almost 5'8) so I am pretty much in between an A1/A2. i shrunk this to fit though and was perfect. it was pearl weave with ripstop pants.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Would it be weird if I got one to wear for when I'm watching events at home?

ILJO likes this.
  9. bradlabo

Haha, no. it mother fucking would not.

Poindexter likes this.
  10. bradlabo

have not gotten a chance to try this yet unfortunately. About 4 months a go my sternum really started to hurt, kept training thinking it would go away but has just gotten to the point where it hurts to breathe sometimes. It pops/cracks when I sneeze and is just generally uncomfortable. Got x-rays done but haven't found out anything yet. It has been a month of no jiu jitsu and has not gotten better. I guess my work does not help becasue it is pretty physical and just about everything involves your chest. Hopefully I can get a CT scan when i get back from the Dominican.
    No more going inverted for me.

Poindexter likes this.
  11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

That fucking sucks. I hope they figure shit out. Hopefully it's minor.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

You look a lot different now than the other pictures I've seen of you in the past.

12. Malevolence

Malevolence Jes for gay Jesus

I had a similar inury from soccer years back, some filthy bastard did a Randy Savage style elbow drop into my ribcage, ended up with a few cracked ribs up the left side, it frickin' sucked, took months to heal.
    What do you do Brad?

13. bradlabo

For work i do aircraft structural repair. Lots of work above my head with my arms stretched out.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Haha, that is Atos black belt Michael Liera Jr an absolute beast.

14. bradlabo

[​IMG] Picked up this beaut a couple weeks ago. Usually A1's are a little tight on me but this on fits perfect. I am really happy with this and the customer service was some of the best I have ever encountered. It is a 450 gram Pearl weave with ripstop pants. Very clean gi. I am thinking I will pick p another one to designate as a comp gi. They also have one called the Astronaut that is black.

Palma likes this.
  15. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Thanks for sharing! i moved out by Sacramento and i only had the academy Gi's at my last school, and now im trying to figure out a good gi company to sport. After two Venoms i realize those aren't for me. my wife bought me a Flow, which has been nice so far.

16. bradlabo

I am also liking hyperfly these days bith the hyperlite and their flagship gi.

Palma likes this.