1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Georges St-Pierre's return fight in 2017 will be against Michael Bisping at UFC 217 at MSG

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Mr. Cornute, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

Ariel scooped again. Sucks for Romero and the rest of the MW division.

3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I'm fully prepared for this take to be received poorly, but GSP is a fucking pussy for ducking Anderson all those years then coming to fight Michael Fucking Bisping. Fuck them both and the UFC. Double KO and deploy a biological weapon in the arena.

4. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

Even though it's Bisping, it should be great challenge for GSP. He's coming back from 3 years off and facing Bisping who is bigger than him and has pretty good TDD. If GSP can't take him down, he will have to deal with a bigger volume puncher and I don't think it will be easy for him by any means.

Malevolence likes this.
  5. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

I hope Bisping kicks his ass

6. Mr. Cornute

It definitely invalidates the argument that Anderson Silva was the larger fighter and shitting on Anderson the whole time for wanting the fight with St. Pierre. Especially considering that Anderson went up in weight three different times and once to fight a former champ.

That said, I'm more mad for Jacare than anything else because he damn sure deserves his damn shot. Yoel also gets left in the dust here as well. If George were to fight Woodley when Woodley beats Wonderboy I get that matchup but I have to agree with you whole heartedly.

AGirlHasNoName likes this.
  7. RearNakedSmoker

RearNakedSmoker Runnin' with the Devil

GSP is a bitch.

8. KevoIsAPoopyHead

KevoIsAPoopyHead SMOKE BOMB!

I mean, I'm excited to see the fight, but this is total and complete fucking bullshit. For the reasons @AGirlHasNoName (dude when are you getting your name back?) mentioned and all of the reasons that start with Romero and end with Souza. Complete and utter horseshit. And I GUARANTEE if GSP wins they'll do Silva/GSP for the title.

chuckthechamp and Mr. Cornute like this.
  9. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

You guys complaining about Romero and Jacare, stop. They'll be getting double interim shots.

10. Mr. Cornute

That is the ONLY horseshit I'd like to see, lol. If it means Anderson can legitimately win the title back and retire as champion then Romero / Jacare fight for the title would be nice.

11. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Don't give a shit about the hate.

I'll be sure to be available and that I gots the monies to watch that shit.

But it is dog dookie that Romero and Jacare are getting shafted. I feel bad, but not bad enough to do anything substantial about it.

Malevolence, MacEwen and Mr. Cornute like this.
  12. Mr. Cornute

Is there anything substantial we could do outside of not watching?

That said, Bisping has got to be the luckiest fucker alive right now. First he gets the title shot and wins, he won no fluke there as Rockhold took him lightly. Then he gets Dan Henderson and gets dismantled but is still given the decision, but the fact that he was touched up during the fight as he was is crazy as we were talking of a 70 year old Dan Henderson which lacked the full arsenal he once had. THEN THEN he gets a 'money' fight in GSP who hasn't fought in three in a half years and is a weight class below rather than the top, deserving, contenders in the division.

BUT people want to shit on Woodley for wanting those type of fights.

Kevo likes this.
  13. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Fuck yea!! Im fucking stoked..

Yes, it sux for Romero/Jacare, but this is the UFC we live in now..

Malevolence likes this.
  14. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

MW division is one of the biggest divisions with depth and talent. So many fighters getting fucked here. Bisping "don't be scarred homey"

15. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

War Bisping!

Malevolence and AGirlHasNoName like this.
  16. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Bisping with another spoiler.

Peezy likes this.
  17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Where you at @SandyWH? Where the *&#$ you at?!??

18. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I'm now officially done with UFC.

They've been pissing on legit competition for years. And fighters have been getting pissed on for years.

But this is beyond the fucking pail.

All the top MW contenders were passed by to get Bisping the shot. Injured or not, the #8 contender should never get a shot at the belt if anyone above #8 hasn't had a shot yet.

Bisping wins the title and rather than defending against a legitimate top contender they pluck the #11 ranked fighter for him. And gave him the shot at home, and he still should have lost. Now, with 2 men clearly the top contenders, they get skipped over to book the #8 ranked MW vs an unranked fighter with 0 MW fights for a title shot.

What a complete and udder bullshit move this is.

Ya'll want to give Bellator shit for freakshows and sellout fights. I don't want to hear another fucking word about that shit. Not with this fight on the books. All the damn interim titles. Conor McGregor. Brock Lesnar allowed to fight with failed PED tests. All that shit. At least Bellator isn't pretending to best of the best fighting the best of the best.

I'm out! I'm watching this weekends PPV in support of my friend Tyron then I'm done. If this is what MMA has become, I'd rather watch baseball.

sourdough and Trodden like this.
  19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

[​IMG]

20. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Sure you are.