1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Generations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Palma, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I keep seeing commentary about our youngest generations, and about "where we went wrong" raising them.

I don't get it. People bitching about how everyone gets a trophy or the "pussification" of America.

The generations before us destroyed the basis for a healthy planet, healthy people, healthy world economy, etc... over what?

All I see is a bunch of whining 30, 40, and 50 year olds acting like children, trying to blame the kids who had nothing to do with fucking up the world or our society.

I see people blaming social media, but it's also so fucking common to see people ignore their children while they stay glued to their phones.

I think if there is a generation to blame, its on the baby boomers and their nuclear family entitlement, not the current teenagers who's parents were terrible role models.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

My kids are spoiled, unappreciative, assholes syndrome.

To find the cause seek out the closest mirror.

I won't address this.

Poindexter and Palma like this.
  3. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Lol, my phone thinks he's smarter than me.

Trodden and No For Gay Kanobro like this.
  4. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

when were parents role models?

in the 50's when beating you wife was socially OK?

in the 60's when fighting everything society expected was the norm?

in the 70's when the 'self' mattered more than society?

in the 80's....well thats self explanatory

in the 90's when everyone got divorced and used their kids as leverage? (yes that happened a lot before too, but the 90's seemed pretty full of that)

in the 2000's when technology truly allowed entertainment to raise kids making the 70's and 80's generations of kids seemed like home schooled mormons?

after 2010 when parents would rather look at their phones than talk to their kids?

in the age of Trump where pussy grabbing is OK if your in charge?

lets face it, parents shouldnt be allowed to have children

m1ckey kn0x, Qball1974 and Poindexter like this.
  5. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

Fuck every generation. They're all a bunch of idiots.

6. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I agree that every generation of parents has its generalized follies, but I believe the issues people have with the youth today is the same behavior the adults are modeling. Our current culture is very judgemental without any reflection or accountability.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 13, 2018, ---
    I like the late 1800's. You could shoot a mother fucker while getting a hot shave in a burlesque house.

7. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

it should be socially except-able to smack any kid whos annoying in public

8. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

We should be telling kids to try real drugs and not eat tide pods.

I want my kids to have what I had. I had it pretty damn good.

Trodden and No For Gay Kanobro like this.
  9. Palma

Palma I am chaos

It should be acceptable to smack anyone. I'd make that line at Starbucks take half as long.
    I think the Tied Pod challenge is great example of what I am talking about. Are they eating it? No. Has anyone died from it? No. Is the media and adults overreacting about it? Absolutely.

It is dumb and wreckless, which is what teenagers do. But people are acting equally as dumb with their response to it.

It's not anymore dangerous (I'm willing to bet a lot less) than huffing. I remember a teen blowing himself up huffing and smoking pot together.

In the late 50's kids were killing themselves playing chicken on the highways.

I'm sure in prehistoric times teenagers got mauled to shit fucking with large animals, trying to impress girls.

Trodden and Miz like this.
  10. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I remember a few guys I knew that were huffing gas when we were teens. I’m an idiot and even I thought that was dumb.

Qball1974 likes this.
  11. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I could always tell if I shouldn't do something based on who was doing it.

Qball1974 likes this.
  12. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I think most people can agree that baby boomers are the dirt worst

Trodden and Palma like this.
  13. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Have you ever flipped off a 50 year old? They lose their fucking mind to an unproportional degree.

Kevo likes this.
  14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

They take most things way too seriously.

15. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Like George I don't care.

Miz likes this.
  16. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Well fuck face, I blame you, so now what.

17. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

It's all part of the human condition. We all have much more in common than we realize. All of us. We're base animals. No matter what we wear, no matter what title we carry, no matter what we produce, no matter where we go...

We aren't separate from the process of life we're a component of it. The human condition requires certain perspectives to cope with having, what we deem, intelligence. We rationalize a subjective communal narrative, we attempt to codify it then we label it 'objective reality'.

The young become the old and deride the successive generation for the same mistakes they made or championed. It's a means to control or direct that narrative. To argue that you're still just as relative and as important as the new thing... which is based on that old thing.

The truth I subscribe to is that you're in control of so little of yourself, so little of your preferences, your urges, your emotions and motivations that I find our choices arbitrary at best and conscious delusion at worst.

Whether you want to blame others or shoulder the blame yourself it makes little difference. You exist to carry a microverse full of bacteria on an innocuous space rock on 1 of a million billion galaxies in 1 of a potentially infinite number of universes for the merest, most insignificant instances of time...

You are a link in chain regardless of what you think, feel, know or believe. You are not the sum of that chain and you never will be.

m1ckey kn0x, Poindexter and Palma like this.
  18. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

When I was a teenager in middle school, I really liked Insane Clown Posse and was the only kid in school who did. Then I went to high school and met like 15 other ICP fans and very quickly gave that shit up.

Miz, Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  19. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Lol, did you paint your face?

Miz likes this.
  20. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Once, on Halloween. I liked them a lot , but never took up the lifestyle. Because, why would you?

In freshman year I dated a girl that was into ICP too, but she was fringe like me. I was able to get out in time, but she’s got a hatchet man tattoo now. I remember a year later I traded her my ICP CDs for her game cube. Maybe the greatest decision of my life

m1ckey kn0x, Miz and Palma like this.