General MMA Questions

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by iverbure, Jan 6, 2009.

1. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

Thanks Guys.

Any reason for the extended lay off?

2. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

i am pretty sure he got hurt before he was suppose to fight Horwich the first time. And sense you only get to fight twice in a year and if you get a injury before a fight that should put you up a good 8 to 10 months.

3. Notrightn0w

Notrightn0w Smells like a whorehouse

DId anyone know Brian Stann is from Scranton?

You guys think he buys paper at Dunder Mifflen?

4. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Where is the best website for MMA News, Interviews, and Videos?

Also, I'm looking for a Wdiget for my FaceSpace page that keeps current news, where can I get one?

Oh, I also need a site with a good mobile version so that I can keep up on the road?

Please help.

5. thebwit

thebwit Guest

I think news, junkie or underground might have all of these things... Oh wait, they don't. The only place is MMA SPOT.NET! Fuck yeah!

6. The Sundance Kid

Quick question.

Will/if Lyoto/Evans fight for the title will it be the first time ever a ufc title has been contended for between two undefeated fighters?

7. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

To answer your question, I believe it will be.

However, I believe Rashad lost to Tito and was screwed by Herb Dean so technically Rashad has lost once.

8. William Munny

William Munny Well-Known Member

Actually, technically Rashad has not lost; but I agree that fight was Tito's.

9. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Kind of agree...

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

Yea, technically was poor use of the word.

Had Herb Dean not done what no other ref has ever done, Rashad would have one loss.

11. The Sundance Kid

Thanks guys.

12. Bigshanks

Bigshanks You think you're hard man?

See the way I look at it Herb did exactly what all the ref should be doing. Whether a point deduction for grabbing the fence is common or not its still breaking the rules. I think a lot of the refs are way to easy going when it comes to that stuff. Fence grabbing can easily change the outcome of the fight and should be treated seriously. I will agree though that if it wasnt for that Tito certainly would have gotten the win.

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

While what you're saying is true, Rashad was grabbing the fence too and in the history of MMA, I have only seen one point deduction for fence grabbing and that was when Herb called it on Tito.

I've seen more warnings for shots to the back of the head than I have for that fence grab. I think it was the 2nd warning. He gave one warning and then took a point. That's obscene.

I saw 4 nut shot warnings before a point was taken before.

14. Bigshanks

I totally agree that what he did was outside the norm but I think the norm needs to be changed. I think 1 warning and then a point deduction is perfectly acceptable whether it be fence grabbing or groin shots. The problem is the lack on consistency from ref to ref. They all need to be on the same page as far as what is considered a foul and when its appropriate to deduct a point.

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Exactly. The complete lack of doing that before Tito did it and after Tito did it is what I have a problem with. If a fighter is in a fight and it's normal for fighters to just be repeatedly warned not to grab the fence, of course they'll grab to maintain their balance and keep from being taken down.

I've seen fights where the ref repeatedly warns to stop grabbing the fence and all they do the next time is warn them again. I've even seen the ref slap their hand off the fence.

16. Bigshanks

I can understand that in the midst of a takedown grabbing the fence is instinct. I feel lik two warnings is plenty and the third time should be a point deduction. The main thing Id like to see more of from Refs in general is consistency.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

Exactly. For the record, it was the 2nd fence grab that got the point taken from Tito. He got one warning and then a point deduction.

Had that been Liddell, Couture or anyone else popular that wasn't Tito, there would have been a shitstorm of controversy.

18. Bigshanks

I dont have a problem with the warning and then the point deduction but I agree that it is bullshit to do that to one fighter and not another. I will admit Im a bit of a Tito hater but he certainly shouldnt be treated any harsher than anyone else when it comes to enforcing the rules.

19. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

Does anyone have any information on the following fighters?

Mike Wessel
    Ivan Serati
    Jason Tan
    Alexandre Barros
    Per Eklund

I know these aren't fighters that people care about but as everyone knows by know i am trying to keep the roster thread updated and i can't find anything that suggests that any of these guys have been released. So if anyone has found news on these guys could they provide me a link.

20. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Eklund and Tan have been released. Not sure about the others.