1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

General MMA Questions

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by iverbure, Jan 6, 2009.

1. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

One thing i liked about News was, everyone and anyone could log on and ask a question and usually it was answer by a member very quickly. Even a person like me who thinks they know a lot about mma and other things in general i always learned quite a bit from reading through that section at the mmanews.

2. Mastershake

Mastershake There once was a man-----

I would say just here we just start a thread for now and if you have a question go ahead and ask. If you ask it they will come.

3. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

And it will likely get stickied and you'll get your wish

4. scottsec

scottsec NOLA

Who is the oldest active fighter in the UFC??

5. Clint

Clint Administrator Staff Member

I would presume Randy.

6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Yeah I was thinking Coleman but Randy is a few months older.

7. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

well it was really helpful for when i first came to mmanews, and learned soem things without havign to even post. To sum it up i think its good for the newer members.

8. Problematique

Problematique Silver for monsters, steel for humans.

I don't think it would to too much harm. :)
    I had to ask in NoobJack at mmanews to find out what p4p meant when I first started watching MMA.

9. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

okay people, what is the submission the can opener. I was looking at a fight on sherdog and he sub a guy with it.

10. Bigshanks

Bigshanks You think you're hard man?

The can opener is when your in someones guard and you pull there head forward. It can be used as a submission if the guy really sucks but from what I understand its primarily used to get your opponent to open there guard. All you have to do to remove the strain on the neck from the pulling forward of the head is to open your guard and scoot your hips back.

At least this is my understanding of the can opener.

11. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

That is exactly correct.

The only time I can remember actually seeing it get the submission is when Mark Coleman submitted Masaaki Satake with it in the 2000 Pride GP

12. scottsec

scottsec NOLA

Do we have a top ten for each division according to the posters at the "Spot"?

13. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

This is something i would like for this site to do eventually, have the site vote say the top 5 or 7 posters, let them post their top rankings, and than we have some kind of point system. and there well have our rankings for the site.

Eventually much like smoogy, did at the news, i am going to start posting my own rankings of the ufc and the world of mma but i'll prolly go to 30, cause 10 is for pussies, and 20 is for bitches. I know you much like many other people won't care, but when someone does post their rankings it adds a lot of discussion imo.

14. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Word of warning......You will be called an idiot, alot. and many derivatives of the same word.

15. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

You should be able to give him plenty of tips on how to deal with it......:duckhunt:

kanobro likes this.
  16. Bullock

Bullock Banned

Rankings are pointless IMO.

Every site has them, and everyone bitches about them.

17. Quintessential Studmuffin

Quintessential Studmuffin DOESN'T WANT BJS BELT

I got a question.

What would Joe Son do?

18. Bullock

Bullock Banned

He'd gang-rape some people.

19. Quintessential Studmuffin

Quintessential Studmuffin DOESN'T WANT BJS BELT

20. Steve

Steve D'arce Vader

fuck a ranking system. and fuck mmanews ! that is all.