1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

"Game of Thrones" on HBO (TV SERIES SPOILERS - NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Noise, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Noise

Noise Ruido

Anyone catch the first episode? Premiered Saturday night.

Thought it was pretty good. A lot going on. Hopefully we get a closer look at those blue eyed Jersey Devils from the beginning - Forgot what they're called, but I want to see them go fuckin' apeshit.

Still have to figure out who's who - A lot of names. Not big on fantasy, so it's hard for me to keep track of all these people, but. Seems like HBO and company know what they're doing. Sean Bean is the shit, :popcorn:.

2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Sean Bean is the number one reason I want to see, since One does not simply walk into Mordor...

3. Krazikarl

Krazikarl Cthulhu fhtagn

I would watch it, but I dont get HBO. And there doesnt seem to be any way to stream or buy episodes without an HBO subscription. Most people let iTunes or whatever sell episodes at some reasonable price, but not HBO. Just not a strong decision by HBO.

I'd torrent the thing, but HBO is pretty diligent about nailing people for torrenting their current stuff, so I think I'll pass on that too..

4. Noise

Noise Ruido

Dothraki Barbarian King Khal Drogo!

...I want him to go apeshit too, :popcorn:. Not on his pretty little queen, but. On everyone else, :devil:.

5. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I think they were called the White Wlakers...

anyways, that was the only thing I found interesting about it. It's a bit too much of Soap Opera to me.

6. Ninjastix

I don't mind a soap opera from time to time, just depends on the elements and who's doing the screaming and yelling.

But HBO is ridiculously pricey imo, even with the specials and short-term rates. If the show gets solid review it would make more sense for me to grab it on blu ray.

7. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Loved the hot blonde chick, she felt SOOO freakin young to get naked. Good stuff.

The last 2 minutes with the queen was pretty badass, I don't think that boy is dead...

8. Noise

Noise Ruido

The boxing is what does it for me.

That, and Boardwalk Empire. The special's, to a lesser extent. They've got one coming up called...Talking Funny? Or something like that. Where Rock, Seinfeld, Gervais and C.K. are going to sit and talk about I-don't-know-what. But it should be good.

9. willpunisher

willpunisher Proud Brasilian

fucking love it!

10. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

I thought it was great and they were called winter walkers i think.

11. Peno

Peno All will fall

I thought it was fucking awesome. Anyone comparing this to a soap opera is crazy.

I don't think the boy is dead and yes I want to see the barbarian king go fucking nuts!! He looks like he's on the brink of killing everyone all the time. I think once everyone starts going after the throne shit is gonna get crazy... and I'm pumped that the new queen got petrified Dragon eggs, because you can't have Dragon eggs without Dragons!!

12. Ninjastix

13. Krazikarl

Krazikarl Cthulhu fhtagn

Lol, you didnt know it was based on that series of books? Thats why its getting all the press - its one of the most popular fantasy series out there.

The series is pretty good if you are into fantasy. Its much darker than Tolkienesque high fantasy, and better written than most fantasy (which doesnt say much at all).

14. Ninjastix

No I don't read High or Dark fantasy. Sounds odd, but I'm not really a fan of fantasy or science fiction. There are exceptions however, but hearing people rant and rave about how good the series is/was has been on the periphery of my attention for awhile.

I just found out Sean Bean was in it, I'm not really up on my insider news.

15. Tapout

I think he lands on the goat.

16. marco47

marco47 Well-Known Member

never heard of the show or the books. looks intriguing though.

17. Peno

Peno All will fall

A goat? Do you mean the baby wolf they found?

I didn't realize that the actor that's playing Kahl Drogo is also the guy playing Conan the Barbarian. I have VERY high expectations for that movie.

I'm so glad this series has a super natural element to it. I just want to see a dragon or an ogre fuck some shit up.

18. Noise

Noise Ruido

They better not True Blood Season 3 it. With a bunch of storylines I could care less about.

19. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

true blood season 3 was great

20. Tapout

There was probably like 6 storylines going on in that one, and the only one that people cared about was Sookie's, and maybe jasons. Tara's storyline was freaking horrible, and so was the changing families. They sidetracked jessica's too much as well.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Wasn't that a goat chained to a stick at the bottom of the castle?