1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox and National Geographic are investigating misconduct claims against Neil deGrasse Tyson

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Dec 1, 2018.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

Fox and National Geographic say that they have launched investigations into claims made against astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson after two women came forward with allegations that he made inappropriate sexual advances towards them.

deGrasse Tyson hosts the Fox and National Geographic reboot of the classic Carl Sagan documentary series, which first premiered in 2014. Earlier this summer, Fox renewed the series for a second season, Possible Worlds, which will premiere in 2019.

In a statement to Deadline, producers for Cosmos say that they “have only just become aware of the recent allegations regarding Neil deGrasse Tyson,” and that they have launched an investigation, noting that “the credo at the heart of Cosmos is to follow the evidence wherever it leads. The producers of Cosmos can do no less in this situation.”

The allegations surfaced in a report in Pathos, from professor of physics and astronomy Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, and one of deGrasse Tyson’s former assistants, Ashley Watson, who say that Tyson made unwanted advances. Last year, Pathos published a report from a woman named Tchiya Amet, who alleged that Tyson raped her when the two were in graduate school.

deGrasse Tyson is the latest such figure to come under investigation, which comes after a tumultuous year in which numerous women came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against figures such as Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Louis CK, and others.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/1/...bUyDulATNVGM9bthXIWqHIR5LcqMBGwb_sgMuGbGoy9fk

FUCK!!!!

2. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I enjoyed him on the Rogan podcast. It’s one of the few podcast that I’ve listened to. They threw him in there with Louis CK. Louis jacked off in front of a few woman. That’s not ok but let’s not hang him for that. I love when they say it’s all the same. It’s not. Louis jacked off in front of people. It’s not ok, but it’s not rape. It is like someone shoplifting is not a bank robbery.
    I like Tyson. Hope this is unfounded. He wrestled at college. Not only is he very intelligent but he has tested himself physically as well.

Amlap and Qball1974 like this.
  3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Guilty

4. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Seems entirely plausible. There's no substitute for a man's ego. NDT has only gotten more and more popular over the last several years. It's entirely plausible he step over boundaries. Not saying he's guilty of anything, but wouldn't surprise me if true.

I am continually disappointed it takes people so long to come forward. I recognize it's often a lose/lose proposition for the accusor but it does mean something to fight against having your dignity compromised. And that's not disappointment with victims or "the system" just with the reality that it increasingly seems that people feel they couldn't say or do something at the time.

I don't care if they're NDT, or Louie, or Lauer. I think about having my wife or a sister in that situation, and having them being propositioned by someone who has a direct stake in their career. I don't care what the intention was.. I'm gonna lay hands on you. If Louie pulled his little ginger dick out in front my wife he'd have bigger problems than the PR scandal. He'd have a cable Ace award stuck up his ass and a Bic pen stabbed into his fucking throat.

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

6. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

[​IMG]

More seriously, I'm not really of one opinion or the other on Tyson. I've never watched his shows or him on the JRE, mostly because I don't find physics to be very interesting. At least not to follow it like I would.

But the first allegation really baffles me. So he slide his hand around a woman at a cocktail party, she never told him to stop, but then wanted to report him?! That's crazy. You're an adult in a public place surrounded by colleagues. That's the safest place on the planet to say "no, stop." And if you don't, you certainly can't act as if he was supposed to know better after.

Maybe he is creepy. Sounds like he is. But creepy isn't a crime nor does it necessarily represent a bad moral compass.

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

W. T. F.

Physics, some of the most essential thinking in all of thought from any human being since the recording of history—is not very interesting. God damn. The most fundamental descriptions of what this mysterious thing called being alive is. Mother of fuck.

Noise and ILJO like this.
  8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Owned
    Who's your Daddy now @AnchorPunch ?

ILJO and Poindexter like this.
  9. AnchorPunch

They all share me now.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 2, 2018, ---
    Oh look at me. I'm a fancy man who knows all the secrets of the universe. I think life is more than the nihilistic fart of infinite randomness. La dee dah.

[​IMG]

10. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

My thoughts exactly.

Astrophysics is pretty fucking cool/interesting IMO, and Neil deGrasse Tyson seems like a genuinely admirable human being. I have a hard time believing that he's some kind of sexual predator/deviant, but that's easy for me to say as a fanboy. I guess we'll see what's to come of this... I sure hope he didn't do anything wrong though.

11. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Neg’d for not having the same exact interests as others

12. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Love the gif dawg

13. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

No one is claiming to know everything. It's the unknown that makes it interesting.

14. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I don’t know if he’s innocent or guilty, but when anyone makes a reference to the #MeToo “climate” or “generation” or “movement” alarm bells start ringing in my head. Not being a creep or a perve isn’t part of some modern societal evolution.

AnchorPunch likes this.
  15. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

I've taken two courses on physics. Personally I found practical physics the most interesting because of the focus on physical experimentation.

Not everyone cares how the universe works. Which is cool with me. There are a lot of things I don't give a fuck about that I probably should.

chrisc likes this.
  16. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Reading the context around it though, I'm not sure he meant it so much in a degratory means. It reality, it is kind of a movement right now and seems like he was just refering to that and how people have a tendnecy to just jump sides.

Or he could just be a rapist creep.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 3, 2018, ---
    Like why it burns when you pee
    --- Post Added -- Dec 3, 2018, ---
    Honestly, it's not that interesting to me. I think a large part of the universe is something too complex for human minds to even understand. An even larger part is too complex to understand for minds like Nebraska's

17. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

Oh that's just the chlamydia

18. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

he was trying to find the girls Uranus

19. AnchorPunch

He is absolutely claiming that he knows everything. Fuck all you science bitches.

20. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

TAKE THE PILL ALREADY YOU IDIOT