Former UFC champion Cris Cyborg signs the largest WMMA contract ever with Bellator MMA

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by S=E, Sep 3, 2019.

1. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Former UFC champion Cris Cyborg signs with Bellator MMA

2. thumper

thumper Picogrammy Staff Member

saw that coming, but 'largest wmma contract in history' could probably mean 100k too. who knows? i didn't really read the whole article. did it say?

3. S=E

No actual numbers but Cyborg was getting mid 6 figures per fight in the UFC. I'm sure it's worth millions spaced out over the number of fights she has.

At least she will be somewhere that wants her to be there and a promoter that respects her.

4. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Cyborg vs Julia Budd? Sign me the fuck up.

Dimson, thumper and S=E like this.
  5. thumper

THAT is the key. I'm happy for her.

also I didn't realize she was making THAT much

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Kevo and S=E like this.
  6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

It’s easy to make claims without providing any actual numbers.

Also what are the odds she has already started massive juicing again.

I like watching her fight but don’t like her. Has made a career of fighting much smaller people. Coker will be feeding her anyone and everyone from all lower weight classes.

7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I like watching her fight. To bad this shit is on DAZN or whatever it’s called.

8. S=E

Bellator actually has a 145 divison.

9. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Coker booked Cyborg against pretty much nothing but 145ers in Strikeforce, right?

chuckthechamp and S=E like this.
  10. Noise

Noise Ruido

"Tentpole" high.

Dimson likes this.
  11. thumper

Remember when Dillon 'dinglberry' Danis screamed about him signing the biggest contract in Bellator history coming in 0-0? You're definitely right
    --- Post Added -- Sep 3, 2019, ---
    There are cookies for those fights too, but if you have Paramount (old Spike TV) on your TV/SAT cable you can watch it all there too.

Clark Kent and Miz like this.
  12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

All fighters that fought at a lower weight that moved up to fight, if I’m not mistaken.

Cat--Smasher, Noise and Poindexter like this.
  13. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

She’s a joke.

Noise and Clark Kent like this.
  14. thumper

What surprises me is her words about being the best ever after getting obiterated in less than a minute.

Poindexter likes this.
  15. Noise

Noise Ruido

Even if she hadn't been beaten – she's just a publicity stunt. An obscene byproduct of steroids; there's no sincere conversation about Cyborg that doesn't start and end with cheating.

16. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Good for Cyborg on achieving her worth.

With that said, what does Bellator have to offer to further the claim to the best female fighter ever?

Cyborg will be crushing cans for the next 5 years. At most, she gets a couple notable names in Budd and Zingano.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 4, 2019, ---
    upload_2019-9-4_7-5-51.png
    --- Post Added -- Sep 4, 2019, ---
    Bellator's Scott Coker: Cris Cyborg will get immediate featherweight title shot

Poindexter likes this.
  17. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

She fought twice in 2016, twice in 2017, twice in 2018, and just now in July. On top of that, she missed 8 months in there while being investigated for a(nother) PED violation and publicly stated that she needed at least 12 weeks’ notice for her fights so she wouldn’t die from the weight cut.

While fighting for Coker in Strikeforce, she fought 5 times at 145 pounds in 32 months. While fighting for the UFC, she fought 5 times at 145 pounds in 24 months.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  18. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

#facts

19. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

They're irrelevant facts. If you want to mention Strikeforce, you have to have the slightest evidence that she was actively trying to fight more often then and couldn't. Additionally, Bellator contracts allow for kickboxing and other sports more flexibly than the UFC so that could be an option as well.

Here's an opinion: Scott Coker is a promoter. Promoters say silly things to create the narratives they think will help them make money. On the list of stupid or bizarre things fighters and promoters have said, this doesn't make the top 1,000,000.

20. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

If her complaint is that she was only being allowed to fight once a year, then that is clearly bullshit. The UFC promoted her, fed her nobodies to enhance her brand, and created an entire division for her at her request. Let’s also not forget the “wink, wink” TUE after the fact to get her off the PED chopping block.

disposableassassin likes this.