1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

- ...Finished/survived first formal Muay Thai class.

Discussion in 'Training & Nutrition' started by Noise, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Noise

Noise Ruido

Newfound appreciation for Jose Aldo as a fighter and world renowned Cerrone-trademarked FUCK YOU KICKS.

My legs are fucking dead.

Shins/lower leg/ankle-foot-part...Pain. Like, not numbing pain - I fucking wish. Just pain. Like a horrible sunburn. But bruised, :ghost:. It was fun though, definitely going to go back regularly. Goes every Tuesday and Thursday, can barely squeeze the class in between my chow break, so.

(Wish there was a way to deaden nerves, like, instantaneously without serious injury, haha.)

Fuck, :encouragement:.

sourdough and Trodden like this.
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Nice. I'd like to do that as well. I've been hitting the gym, I think in another couple months I'll follow suit.

Noise likes this.
  3. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I know the feeling. It's an adjustment period. Just wait until you eat a kick and then get your nose busted up in a matter of milliseconds. Yay, so much fun. NOT. Ultimately it's worth it though.

Noise likes this.
  4. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

After some of those classes you just realize how much of a stupid Cecil Peoples is with his "leg kicks do not finish fights".

Getting leg kicked is one of the worst experiences there are. The pain is just too real.
    And kicking a heavy bag with your shin also hurts a lot.