1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Fedor's Manager Confirms That He Is Free To Fight Couture In The UFC

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Warchief, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Warchief

Warchief Active Member

Source

2. Ubermensch

Ubermensch I AM ALPHA

Well he is being diplomatic but it looks like they don't like the UFC much

3. Warchief

Warchief Active Member

It almost happen before...until the Word "Crazy" came from Dana's mouth.

4. 2mcgrath

2mcgrath The Ace up our sleeve..

i want to see this damn fight already,why must they fuck us around lol

5. Mastershake

Mastershake There once was a man-----

M-1’s Raimond Says Fedor Is Contractually Free to Fight Couture in the UFC

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/09/04/m-1s-raimond-says-fedor-is-contractually-free-to-fight-couture-in-the-ufc/

6. thebwit

thebwit Guest

I thought Fedor was no longer under the M1 umbrella. Didn't he give back his signing bonus and everything?

7. Duskseyr

Duskseyr New Member

I'm not so sure this will be popular of me to say, but I think if Fedor is serious about his legacy, and to a lesser extent his fans, he will do this fight. Whether he likes the UFC or not, there is a TON of money on the table, every one in the fuckin universe wants to see it happen, and if he's the man, what's he got to sweat?

I respect both Couture & Fedor a great deal, I believe most of us do, but this shit is startin to get old. Either let's see the fight, or both sides need to just STFU and move on.

8. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I doubt we will ever see Fedor in a UFC fight. UFC has held onto thier exclusive contracts for so long, and gone through so much shit with them, that I doubt they could make an exception without completely losing everything they've built.

UFC may pay best from top to bottom, but Fedor can make 1-3 Million fighting on NYE in Japan against anyone or anything, so he has no reason to be restricted to UFC.

I don't think we'll ever see Randy / Fedor in a UFC fight, but if it does I'd bet my left nut that its only a one fight deal and will be the last time we see Randy or Fedor in a UFC ring. Knowing how snakey Dana White is too, he'll want all production rights to the fight, and want Fedor to sign the deal not allowing him to fight in USA for a minimum of 18 months, Again, it won't happen. Fedor's people are too smart to let thier fighter be restricted by anything, least of which, a UFC deal which is akin to a prison sentence.

9. TheDW

TheDW New Member

The thing is if Randy loses to Brock than this fight dont mean shit

10. Severn

Severn Master of the Iron Claw

Fedor doesn't needs Randy for his legacy. Randy's the one who was so concerend about his legacy that he left the UFC and decided to chase Fedor. Fedor has been called the greatest fighter in the world for years. The greatest fighter in the history of the sport. Randy at no time in his career has ever been called the top fighter in the sport.

If Fedor beats Randy it'll just be another victory for Fedor, he'll be a huge favorite going in so he's expected to win. If Randy wins it's worth much more. Again who needs who?

11. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Well here's my thought. Fedor SURE as hell doesn't need the UFC, so to think he's going to make some sort of change in his contractual philosophy is nuts.

The UFC also doesn't need Fedor, but they stand to gain a lot more from him than he does from them.

The problem here is that the UFC can't change their exclusive contract just to get fedor because if they set that precedent they're going to see action from every heavy player in the org.

Which of course....is going to happen eventually and the UFC will bend whether they like it or not. But now? no way

12. Clint

Clint Administrator Staff Member

Wrong M-1 lol. He gave back his signing bonus to M-1 Global (now adrenaline) but along with all of the other ways Cox & co got screwed in that debacle, Fedor's people still owned the fights to the M-1 name.

13. Mastershake

Mastershake There once was a man-----

Those Russian's are sly sly people

14. Ubermensch

Ubermensch I AM ALPHA

15. BigBanda

BigBanda You Do Not Even Realize!

Yeah Kim Couture was informing of the same thing that Fedor is free to fight wherever else he wants against Randy.