Fedor Returning to MMA

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL Survival Pool Champion

That's what I reckon, him or Yoshida.

2. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Can a mod change the title of the thread to Fedor Returning to "MMA"?

4. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Why? He didn't sign with the UFC.

disposableassassin likes this.
  5. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Ebetter yet Fedor returning to fighting cans in Japan

6. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

If I have to explain, the explanation will be lost on you.

Dimson and MacEwen like this.
  7. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  8. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I'm certain Pat would love to get knocked out for a shit load of money.

Dimson likes this.
  9. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Singh Jaideep. Wanna ask me why again?

10. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

Yes, why?

Fedor is not some prospect, he is already a proven legend that was the best HW in the world for 8 years.
    Some people seem to think that he still has a lot of things to prove and he definitely needs to test himself against the UFC fighters. No he does not need to do that. He proved everything he needed to prove. He began his MMA career in 2000, he is from another era.

Now he is back, and he will have a tune up fight. Yes it will probably be against a very inexperienced MMA fighter, however that inexperienced fighter is at least an accomplished kickboxer, and even as a MMA fighter he is more experienced than some UFC fighters such as CM Punk or the dagestani HW they just signed with a 0-0 record.

Who knows what will happen after this fight on NYE, maybe he will fight again in Japan, or maybe he will sign with Bellator or UFC, or maybe he will definitely retire.
    But the fact here is that he is already a legend and he does not need to prove anything else to anyone.

Imagine that Zinedine Zidane decided to come back, and suddenly all people think he has the obligatio to play in Real Madrid to see how good he is next to Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi. Zidane instead decides to play in the Qatar league or the Indian league and everybody is pissed because of that.
    Zidane already proved himself many years ago as one of the best football players ever.

Same with Fedor as a MMA fighter. He fought in the best organization ever, he fought and defeated many Top 10 fighters, including several UFC former champions. He was the best HW in the world for many years, he can do whatever he wants now.

orion_damage likes this.
  11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I'm going to admit right now that I didn't read a single word past "tune-up fight." It's only a tune-up fight if it leads up to a real fight, which I don't see happening because Fedor has decided to place himself into a promotion with exactly one fighter.

I like Fedor. Best HW we've ever seen. Fighting Tiger Ali-Singh won't change that, but I'm not going to pat him on the back for fighting people that have no business in the ring with him.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Yea, I think Fedor is the greatest of all time period. I have defended him with my last breath. There is no defense for this fight.

13. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

It is a new promotion, and it does not even have a name yet (rumors are that the name will be "Samurai FC", but nothing official yet). However if they can afford 2.5 millions for Fedor it means that they have tons of money. Considering how unhappy many fighters are with the Reebok deal I would not be surprised at all if in the future some of them move to this new promotion.
    Also considering that this new promotion and Bellator are really close (and Bellator have worked together with GLORY too), don't be surprised if in the future we begin seeing important fighters there.

Fedor chose this promotion simply because no one else will pay him 2.5 millions for one fight. If UFC offered him more than that then probably he would have signed with them.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 6, 2015, ---
    Btw let's wait until they make official this fight.

A month ago it was basically a fact that Fedor signed with UFC (according to many sources) and we saw what happened. So let's wait until Sakakibara officially say that Singh will be his opponent first.

14. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Jesus fuckleberry Christ, you think people are going to jump ship to this new, nameless and rosterless promotion because they're paying Fedor 2.5million? How delusional are you? This isn't New Pride. It's not even new Sengoku or DREAM. This isn't even competition to ONE FC or WSOF. They're putting all their money into paying Fedor. And even if Sakakibara doesn't put Singh A-Long into the fight with Fedor, who the fuck else can they possibly put there that isn't, at best, a lateral move? Every decent-to-good heavyweight is in the UFC, and there's a small handful of okay HWs in Bellator. Go back a few pages in this thread and the only interesting fights anyone could imagine for Fedor were stipulated on the hypothetical of them losing in the UFC and getting cut.

I can withhold judgement, but can you stop pretending? There's no one worth fighting for Fedor in Sakakibara FC.

15. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

This is the dumbest thing in MMA history. What in the hot actual fuck is going on?

The GOAT of the HW division and possibly all time is coming back to fight a fucking 1-0 guy? How could this fight even be sanctioned?

I pray to the MMA God's that Fedor gets KO'd highlight reel style now. I'm done with his bullshit.

16. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

What's going on is that the Yakuza wants back in.

It is highly unlikely to happen after the fallout from the aughts.

Even if Tiger Jeet Singh is ready to lace em up for one last go round.

17. Pashak

Pashak Well-Known Member

OBVIOUSLY they won't do it now. However this promotion will eventually have a name, have a roster, a TV deal and everything will be much more clear.
    The fact that they are paying 2.5 millions to Fedor means that they have a lot of money to begin with. They have the resources to make big things.
    Obviously it is not a guarantee that this promotion will be something really big, but considering the money they have, considering that they are working with Bellator, considering that Sakakibara is not a Noob in managing MMA promotions, considering that they already convinced Spike TV to air their show, this promotion has a very good potential.

You really think 2.5 millions is all they have?
    It is very possible that this promotion will get financed by Yakuzas, and for those dudes 2.5 millions is nothing.
    You think they are that stupid to waste most of their money in one fighter?

I am not saying that Singh is a strong fighter. My point is that Fedor is not a prospect, he is a legend that proved himself when he really had to do so. He does not need to prove anything else to anyone, he earned the right to fight whoever he wants in whatever promotion he wants.

Look at some of the greatest football players of the last years (Frank Lampard, Thierry Henry, Xavi, Andrea Pirlo) they are now playing in the MLS or in asian leagues. Obviously those leagues are nothing compared to the LFP, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga etc. However those players proved for many years that they are excellent, and now they have few years before they retire, so they will spend those last years in much more comfortable leagues getting paid tons of money.

I agree that Fedor will be facing a can on NYE, but the point is that this promotion has a very strong potential in the long term.
    Coker or Sakakibara (I don't exactly remember which one of those it was) said that it is very possible that we will see Bellator fighters fight in Sakakibara FC.
    This new promotion will eventually get bigger and bigger. And if everything goes well, UFC fighters will begin thinking about moving there, because at the end it is all about making money and providing their families.

Why Fedor chose this promotion and not UFC? Because UFC would obviously not pay him 2.5 millions for one fight.

18. jesusatemyhotdog

^^ I am sorry, but 'Sakakibara said' is historically synonymous with "BULLSHIT ALERT!"

Nebraska likes this.
  19. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL Survival Pool Champion

Sakakibara has categorically denied that Fedor is getting $2.5mil for this fight.

20. jesusatemyhotdog

I believe that Fedor will not get 2.5 million dollars in taxable earnings this fight. Leave it at that.