Dragon Ball Z

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Splog, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Splog

Splog Gold Member

http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/re...e_star_fabricio_werdum_joins_forces_with_mhp/

2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Muscle mass doesn't win fights, having an alternate strategy or a little more confidence in his stand up might have won him the Overeem fight. We've seen fighter bulk up and suffer cardio problems as a result, this is the the t2-saiyen effect discovered by Vegeta during the Cell Saga.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Watching that saga over again right now.

4. Ninjastix

I eventually want to revisit the series, never finished BUU and never watched GT.

5. Afro

Buu saga was fantastic, started watching GT and was quickly disinterested.

6. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

I believe trunks discovered it first.

Also if you skip them flying around the galaxy and go straight to the baby/super 13/Sin Shenron sagas, GT isn't bad.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  7. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

Sweet, we are basically putting advertising as news now.

8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Advertising threads get hijacked.

9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Trunks found that limit by going to Ultra Super Saiyan, while Vegeta knew of that levels weakness so he stopped at Ascended Saiyan.

Gohan was the first to reach Super Saiyan 2 which had all the power (and more) of the Ultra level without losing any speed.

10. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Buu is great while GT really is pointless. I mean, I liked it but the only part of that series worth watching is the Shadow Dragons.

11. Ninjastix

Yes that's why I said t2, a tier 2 saiyen is actually ascended but not level 2 saiyen, that's why I didn't say level because that shit gets confusing. T3 would actually be level 2, so it's just easier to enumerate the tiers than to say levels. In any event Vegeta is the one that discovers the limitations but he doesn't divulge it to Trunks, Trunks just discovers it on his own and surmises that his father already knew.

12. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Yeah, Trunks kinda found out after Cell kinda demonstrated it to him and told him that the form wouldn't work on any opponent with "any kind of speed."

13. Ninjastix

Cell was the most interesting adversary imo, I liked Freeza and the fact he was sadistic but I much rather Cell making a game out of everything. He was like a rip of the Riddler.

Problematique likes this.
  14. Afro

I just watched the episode where Vegeta mentions T2

15. foundstarr

T2 ends up as USS in all the video games. I hate how confusing super saiyan got inbetween Super saiyan and true SSJ2. Ascended saiyan gets wrapped up into USS at one point.

Gohan the unleashing is the best ep of the entire Cell Saga and maybe the series all together. (Goku first visit to SS is prob tied with it in my book.)

16. Afro

Agreed. Gohan going SSJ2 was easily one of the most epic scenes in the entire series in Japanese though, the American version was kind of cheesy.

17. foundstarr

I don't know, whens he's walking towards Cell wrecking the ground and everything around him with straight power level its pretty serious. Then rapes everyone of those Cell juniors, I didn't find that cheesy in either sub or dub.

18. foundstarr

I forget which Movie it was that had Janemba in it (rebirth of the fusion I think) that was cheesy in the best possible way. I also think gogeta/vegito shouldve been expanded way more then it was.

19. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

What are you faggots talking about?

And Brad, don't be such a dick.

ILJO likes this.
  20. Ninjastix

I felt the same, I thought it was odd that 16 triggers the event but it was definitely epic when it happened. But I would also agree that Goku going SS was the best. Vegeta's should have been treated with the same kind of love but I still loop the music for Vegeta going Super when I do sprints.