Dogs vs Cats

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JeterLover27, Oct 27, 2011.

1. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

I know there are a bunch of cat lovers on this board as well as dog (me) but I was in a discussion with a friend of mine who loves cats. Now I have a cat but am not a huge fan of them. This guy says that cats are just as loyal and will defend ect their homes and owners. I say he is full of shit. He then showed me of a video of a lady getting attacked by a pit bull and the cat made one of them run away. I watched the video...big deal it was lame then he goes on to show me a video of how a cat saved a family in a fire. What are your thoughts...

DOGS FTW

2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

cats dion't protect shit, they run. they don't fight unless they have to normally.

anyone that gets a cat for protection is a fucking idiot.

3. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

I like cats, but the idea that a cat is going to defend you is pretty fucking stupid.

4. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

My dog Jackson, got his world fucked up by a cat.

He chased it under our shed and cornered the cat, and that's when the cat fought back, when it was cornered.

The cat came out unscathed and Jackson's whole face was blood.

I like both Cats and Dogs.

I'd say I was more of a dog person, but I don't think I've ever met a cat I didn't like, there have been tons of dogs I've hated in my life.

5. neo

neo Misses Karo

I like dogs. Cats are cute but selfish as shit

6. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  7. RF76

RF76 beach bum

My mother has a cat that's 17 years old, all that fucker does is hide in boxes and under blankets, it's pretty cool to see her get into these tight places all balled up I do get a laugh out of it. I'm a dog guy though, I'm like a little kid every time I see a dog I make an attempt to pet it and play with it. My Midknight (Black Lab) is getting older (11) her back legs are fucked and she has constant ear problems, I just started prepairing myself for the inevitable, I think it'll help me a little but I'll still be crushed.

Dogs ftw, cats meh...

8. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i like both. but without my own house and big yard I chose cats. sooner or later I'll buy another house and then i'll get 2 dogs again, but for now I'm pretty ok with my cats.

9. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I kinda love all animals but for me it's not contest. If I could have dogs I'd have dogs. I love dogs, I love the Alaskan Huskies. I wish I could have one. More so than just about anything.

10. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

Love = semantics^

11. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

Wheres the poll you dumb ocifer?

And Dogs > cats easy.

12. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

Same thing with me.. I have cats because I can't have dogs right now.. I am buying a house very soon and will get a dog or two then.

13. Bigshanks

Bigshanks You think you're hard man?

I was never a dog person until me and the ex got a dachshund. I dont mind small dogs that are well behaved.

Ive always loved cats though. I get mine back from my ex this weekend :).

14. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Kano likes this.
  15. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

What if your dog thought it was a cat? It’s 2018 and it can be what it wants.

I have a cat and two dogs. I will never again have a cat. Had to move it to its own room. When we had kids it started peeing everywhere. I live in the country so I would get an outdoor cat but I’ll never have an indoor cat again. Fish are awesome cause they stay in their lane.

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  16. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

I love both dogs and cats. I grew up with a cat that lived to be about 17, and now have 4 dogs. Cats are loyal, and I'm sure would defend their families if they were able too. Not too many cats around the size and strength of a 100lb dog, so they wouldn't do much damage to a human, although you may be surprised.

17. Poindexter

18. JeterLover27

My cat just got killed by a coyote. I could not be happier

FrankieButNotEdgar and Dimson like this.
  19. Poindexter

Cold.

20. JeterLover27

He was very
    --- Post Added -- Aug 13, 2018, ---
    Actually it sucked, Miss that fucker a lot.

Poindexter likes this.