Does a title change hands Due to a DQ?

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by ATJ-Lucko, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

actually 2 questions

Example if Silva decides to upkick Okami again like in their first fight, and Okami can't continue say this happens in the 1st rd, first off is it a No Contest or a DQ if so then second does the tile change Hands?

What does the mma unified rules say about it?

2. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

No.

Did you never watch the WWF?

3. ATJ-Lucko

count outs too right? lol

serious though anyone know the official rules?

4. The Sundance Kid

I think it should depend on if it was intentional or not.

Kinda of a case by case thing, IMO.

5. ATJ-Lucko

Has a upkick ever been ruled unintentional? also is there a commission in Brazil or is the UFC running it?

6. The Sundance Kid

I'm almost 100% sure that the UFC is governing themselves with Mark Ratner taking the lead in that for this show.

Could be wrong though.

7. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

It would probably be a DQ loss for Anderson but there are no "unified rules" for what happens to a belt because the belt doesn't belong to any commission... it's the UFC that gives out the belts

edit: whoops, didn't see the last few posts. Even if it was in the US, the UFC could do what they want with the belt

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  8. ATJ-Lucko

I wonder what the UFC would do at that moment? say if Silva does upkick Okami again, what are the UFC rules?

9. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

I don't know if they have a rule for that. It might just depend on the situation. But either way, I think if there is controversy over who should/shouldn't be champ, they would probably just do an immediate rematch anyway.

10. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

The most black and white way I can see it is, if a champ went out and just started Jo Son-ning some guys balls he would get DQ'd, lose the fight in the AC eyes and would likely lose his belt. Now this is showing intent on an illegal strike as opposed to an upkick where a fighter could legitimatly think a fighter wasnt grounded.

If deemed unintentional in the 1st or 2nd I believe it is a NC. If they are in championship rounds (Like Cerrone/Varner) it goes to the cards. Not sure what would happen if it had gotten stopped in the 3rd in a championship fight, but I believe a fight has to go at least 3 full rounds before a judge can render a decision.

11. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

I assume Okami gets the belt and they setup a rematch. A loss is a loss, if Silva were to keep the title. Then every champ would upkick the shit out of people to keep the title.

12. Peasant

Peasant Active Member

Word.

13. Clint

Clint Administrator Staff Member

To me the better option would be to strip the champion of the belt and then set up a fight for the vacant title between the guy who won via DQ and whoever the next in line is. That way the belt isn't awarded to a guy that didn't win it.

14. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

The rules are exactly how it is in Boxing. Regardless of how the champion losses, the title will always change hands. Some of you have watched too much rasslin lol.

15. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

is it wrong to get a semi when you watch rasslin lol?

ph