Do you want children?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sniggles, Jul 18, 2015.

?

Do you want children?!

1. Fuck no.

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. I have some but didn't expect or want to.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. I love my children!

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

More and more lately, I have been glad of the missed pregnancy chances, failed relationships and I'm loving being alone. I have found myself in a contingent of men that does not want children nor do I want marriage. I don't think that will change. I'm decent looking and charismatic enough that I can pickup if I wish, so there's not that.

I've been told that I am selfish because of this. Because I care not to devote myself to something I do not want. Because I do not wish to succumb to the natural instinct to procreate and attempt immortalize my DNA. Acquiring a woman is always on my friends' priority list. Yet I favour self-improvement and enjoying my life rather than acquiescing to the constant needs of another.

What do you think?

Palma likes this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

When you say "want"...

Nate_Deezy, sourdough and Nebraska like this.
  3. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Don't be Coy.

Literally, you wouldn't want to be Coy.

4. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

children are from the devil!

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

If you are coming out, I applaud it.

Kano and Cat--Smasher like this.
  6. Ninjastix

I'd like to have one kid or if I were ever affluent, I'd like to adopt and work with foster kids (the older ones).

Sniggles likes this.
  7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I love my two kids. It's hard at times but they are really fun to watch. My daughter does the kids Bjj class and I help coach it. I get a real kick out of watching her. My son is a handful but he is pretty funny. It's a catch. They're great but they really do make life harder. The amount that you care for them is awesome but the worry is hard. I'm at an interesting phase where I'm glad we're done having kids but it is kinda sad at the same time. They're really is no feeling like the feeling you get when you look at them. The other side is the worry and fear that they might get hurt. They're are pros and cons but if you have doubts I'd say error on the side of caution. To be single and have no worries would be cool. If you have a dog imagine that times a 100.

It really is an up and down struggle but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

8. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

I certainly wouldn't call it selfish, however you are missing out on the greatest thing that could possibly happen to a human being. The instant my daughter was born, the immediate feeling of attachment to another person is indescribable. It is the strongest feeling I have ever possessed, and continue to possess. No, it is not the same as what a child feels towards a parent - it is stronger than that. My daughter is the only person on this planet whom I would take a bullet for. I am sure any parent on this board know exactly what I am talking about, yet it is impossible to describe to a non-parent. You may not feel like you are ready for it now, but I truly hope that the desire for children comes along at some point. Don't grow old to be a lonely man with no family - that would be a tragedy, IMO.

It goes beyond just loving someone because they are blood. It is instinctual. A child is an extension of you, and will hopefully succeed you. Seeing my daughter grow and become a young woman gives me the strongest sense of pride I can have.

How old are you?

9. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I wouldn't mind having a youngin or 2 one day, but definitely not now. I'm the same age my dad was when I was born, but I'm too selfish to have a child right now. I'm really career-driven, so I want to make sure when I do have a child that I'm able to provide a much better childhood for my youngin than what was provided for me. I had a good childhood too, so I have to stay on the grind for a while. Plus I don't want to put my potential kid(s) through a divorce, so finding the main squeeze is important.

Sniggles and Poindexter like this.
  10. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I have two shit makers and everyday brings pride and disappointment with them. Its a mixed bag. However, I look back now and think, "what the fuck did I do with myself before kids. Fuck! My life must have been boring as fuck." Which is a lie, but I think that way. Kids are great, and if you wait until you think you're ready, you'll never have kids. Get married. Learn to live happily with your spouse. Then introduce chaos in a diaper to your happy home. Otherwise, it'll doom both relationships.

But I definitely encourage attempts to have kids. Go out, aim for the stars, be the underdog, and be that 2% (condoms are 98% effective). If you succeed, you can claim to be a master of the universe.

11. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

Ideally I'll be too busy being successful and chasing my dreams to have kids. Realistically I'm just going to be a regular fellow but it's going to take me a while to admit that's all I'll ever be. Once it becomes painfully obvious, I think I'll want me a son, and I'm making as many babies as it takes to get one. Because I'm downloading my dreams/aspirations to his little impressionable head, and I'm teaching him to be the baddest motherfucker around from Day 1. He's going to grow up to be better than I ever could have been.

12. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Fuck no!

I have a 4 year old nephew who is badass. He's intelligent, funny, entertaining, polite, and all around a genuinely sweet little kid. I still can't deal with being around him for more than a day and a half in a row.

I'm an introvert with social & general anxiety issues, and I NEED to have alone time as much as possible. With a kid, there's no such thing as alone time, unless you have someone to watch them. It's the same reason I don't want a pet or to ever get married. I want to be free to do what I want, when I want, and where I want.

But don't get me wrong. If shit happens and I get some chic pregnant, fine, I'll deal with it like a man.

13. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

2 boys... I must say its work but something about it all makes it so worth it. Nothing like coming home to a child and them saying, " I love you daddy". Well I mean I am assuming it is awesome, my kids don't do that...
    --- Post Added -- Jul 19, 2015, ---
    Kidding but yeah, really not looking forward to the grocery bill when they are a bit older. My boys rip through everything and my youngest is an absolute garbage disposal.
    He just turned 1
    [​IMG]

14. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Damn, even trying to devour his toy.

15. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

^ I wouldn't mess with that kid.

16. Ninjastix

Hitler couldn't make whiter kids with Science. Or Magic.

17. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

LOLZ.... Magic

18. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

No, thanks. I enjoy my life as it is.

19. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I wanted kids, just not when I had them.

20. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I love my kids but hate my life because of them.

Poindexter likes this.