Dillashaw walks back interest in Cejudo fight: ‘I don’t really think the guy would deserve it’

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Dillashaw walks back interest in Cejudo fight: ‘I don’t really think the guy would deserve it’

[​IMG]

They absolutely have to do DJ vs Cejudo II. It was a razor thin close split decision. I think if any champ loses to a split, they should run it back automatically. If a champ gets finished, then they have to work back up.

Mr. Cornute and Poindexter like this.
  2. helipoison

helipoison Well-Known Member

I don't think Dillashaw has a great answer in Cejudo's wrestlefuck strategy and may fall victim to the same thing DJ did. His current camp certainly doesn't have the tools to deal with an Olympic wrestler which is why I think he may be walking it back. I agree though that Mighty Mouse should be first up here.

disposableassassin likes this.
  3. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Oh shutup TJ. You won 3 fights after a loss and was complaining for a super fight. He won 3 fights after a loss as well.

Though, DJ deserves a chance to get his belt back

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  4. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

of course DJ deserves it. christ JJ is getting a 3rd crack at the nut right? After losing both getting TKO'd

But WME doesn't work like The fertitas did.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  5. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

I'm not sure why TJ feels that he deserves a superfight, and Cejudo doesn't. It's not like TJ has cleaned out his division, and has been reigning for years - he's only won once since becoming Champ. He is no more deserving of a superfight than Cejudo.

On the flipside, no doubt that DJ deserves an immediate rematch. Nobody in all of MMA would deserve a rematch more than DJ..........

Mr. Cornute, Palma and Dimson like this.
  6. Flouride

Flouride Active Member

Funny how bloated Dillashaw's ego got again, and fast. He wants the superfights? Sure, will he go up to 145lbs? Nope.
    Oh someone from 125lbs wants to come up and challenge him? Nope, won't fight him either.
    Will he go down to 125lbs to challenge Cejudo or Mighty Mouse? Hell no.
    But he wants superfights. I bet he is gonna call out some 135lbs woman for his superfight at this point.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  7. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Cyborg may give him a run for his money! :)

Cejudo did say he would go up in weight to fight TJ......when someone is willing to go to your weight class, I don't think you have a right to deny a fight if the UFC wants it. I was thinking this when TJ was willing to go down to fight DJ, but DJ kept ducking him.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  8. Palma

Palma I am chaos

9. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Well-Known Member

Wasn't he willing to go to 125 to challenge Mighty Mouse? Given that Might Mouse just lost, that fight doesn't make sense and dropping to fight Cejudo won't be much of a pay day.

10. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I think it's pretty clear TJ wants a piece of the once exclusive club of 'champ champ'.

since WME has all but abandon the merits of belts, champ champ champ will be coming soon.

this honeslty isn't a good sign IMO. i think i prefered it the way the Fertita Chips did it by making fighters abandoned one division to fight for another division, which kept things moving. With the queen Conor activated, now running in multiple divisions just added knots for every division. We see how long Conor tied things up. This is going to suck

Monsonbychoke and helipoison like this.
  11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

12. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

13. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

14. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Kano likes this.
  15. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I'd rather see Cejudo/DJ 3. Perhaps I should watch their last fight again, but i remember Cejudo winning the athletic contest and DJ whupping his ass.

Mr. Cornute and NotSoDarkAngel like this.
  16. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Henry Cejudo Wants T.J. Dillashaw First, Then Demetrious Johnson Rematch