Demetrious Johnson vs Ray Borg Title Fight set for UFC 216

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Sep 12, 2017.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

what difference does it make? h already tried getting ppv points without getting the minimum buys and was told no. he's not going to get points. so why does it matter?

wouln't it make more sense to renegotiate the contract and demand higher pay for finishes? he gets them. i wonder if he tried that

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Palma likes this.
  2. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement The American dream Site Donor

Demetrious Johnson: ‘I have no idea’ if I can trust Ray Borg to show up if fight is rebooked

3. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I'm telling you, fighters and their managers are stupid for not playing the game. The fighters who are willing to fight any fighter at any weight- especially on short notice- win or lose, wins over the fans and Dana, and it results in more money and more favorable contract terms.

If he would have agreed to fight Tj and the same thing happened, he'd look like the hero instead of the heal, and the result would have been the same.

4. Sakara=Excitement

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg rebooked for UFC 216

5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Interesting...

6. Sakara=Excitement

Gonna get that Anderson Silva money homie.

Dimson and Kevo like this.
  7. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I hope he gets paid to the point where he'll take fights at BW after he beats Borg.

Dimson likes this.
  8. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I feel like in a perfect world fighter's would be moving down to fight DJ instead of DJ moving up, I mean DJ is the best after all.. and he's the best at flyweight.. I mean is there a bigger achievement to accomplish in MMA right now than beating DJ at flyweight?

9. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Getting Conor to sign a bout agreement to defend his title.

10. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

For sure. But for DJ, I think the biggest accomplishment would be to move up and win the bw title, after dominating the flyweight division. Nobody's done that before.

11. Afro

It would cement his spot at #1 all-time IMO so totally agree.

Kevo likes this.
  12. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

One tried and he refused the fucking fight. lol

NotSoDarkAngel likes this.
  13. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

And I'm sure that's his plan, but he needs to defend his title one more time first. Right now it would be Champ vs champ. One more title defence and it can be sold as the best champ ever moving up for another belt.

Afro likes this.
  14. Afro

Meh I don't really disagree with DJ on that one, DJ said he would fight Cody and honestly that's kind of what I meant by guys moving down to fight him.. the top guy.. because like I said what bigger accomplishment is there than beating DJ at Flyweight? that doesn't mean that every one under the sun should move down to fight him, Cody is a BW champ so he's earned that right to achieve that goal.. I don't really like the idea of just moving any ranked guy down to fight DJ just because he's cleaned out the division and barely has any challengers left that seems kind of silly to me. Now don't get me wrong, I want to see DJ vs TJ more than DJ vs Cody, but I also think TJ will beat Cody and be champion again.. and I think at that point DJ won't have a good reason to decline that fight and they should make it happen at flyweight, and I say at flyweight even though both would be champ because DJ is still the best right now. I just don't see how a non-champion TJ vs DJ would be anything more than "ok here's a quality opponent for you" when it could be a champion vs champion, #1 vs #1, best vs best competition instead... I think if you are going to try to accomplish the greatest achievement in MMA that's the way it should be... Not #3 BW vs the best fighter in the world.. it's just not as pleasing of a headline and also we have to make rankings and titles mean something again and if they wait for TJ to become champ first to make that fight then that would be a step in the right direction rather than trying to come up with excuses as to why TJ might deserve the shot at the FW champ without ever having fought in the division.

Noise likes this.
  15. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

Beating Jon Jones with out drug testing.

kanobro likes this.
  16. Afro

DJ >>> Jones roids or not

17. Sakara=Excitement