1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarez make ONE Championship debuts March 31 in Japan

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarez make ONE Championship debuts March 31 in Japan

[​IMG]

2. cnlclink

cnlclink Active Member

I'm sort of happy for Johnson. I can't help but think or feel that he's a huge shark in a small pond. However I'm looking forward to him rematching horiguchi. We shall see. I hope he's paid as much as he deserves.

Cat--Smasher and Qball1974 like this.
  3. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

It would be entertaining to see both get smoked first fight out of the gate. And I admit that is definitely a hater thing to say. But it still would be entertaining.

Malevolence likes this.
  4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

He was a huge shark in the UFC, I don't enjoy the watching the little guys fight but I wish him well.

5. Cat--Smasher

6. Noise

Noise Ruido

Nigga claims his name is Nastyukhin, smh:

[​IMG]

Miz and Dimson like this.
  7. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I understand where DJ is coming from. He’s going to have a blast. Whenever I play certain games that I’m good at, it’s really fun to slaughter noobs while leveling up til you get matched with your own level.

And he’s going to be rolling in cheddar. Mouse finally gets his cheese.

Dimson and Qball1974 like this.
  8. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

It's crazy to me that the UFC just cancelled an event because they didn't have a headliner but these two guys are in Japan fighting because the UFC didn't have a spot for them.

9. LebenTysonTank

LebenTysonTank Active Member

I'm not very familiar with ONE Championship and the fighters they have. I know that a lot of Japanese/Asian fighters are on the smaller side. Which made me wonder if they already have a current 125 Lb. champion that I'm not aware of,or is the upcoming tournament they are holding with DJ for the vacant inaugural title?
    The one guy I do know is the guy that's "fighting" Mayweather,Tenshin Nasakuwa,and he looks like a certified killer. I think I read that he fights around 125 Lbs. A fight with Tenshin vs. Mighty Mouse would be the shit in my opinion. If they don't have sufficient talent on the roster,do we think that it's likely that they will absorb the UFCs 125 Lb. fighters,or at least maybe the top 15-20 guys that have no interest at staying to fight in the UFC at 135 Lbs.?

10. S=E

[​IMG]

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  11. S=E

If there was only a thread where we could discuss DJ and his possible ONE opponents. Well I guess we should make another thread about it.

Dimson likes this.
  12. thumper

thumper Picogrammy Staff Member

Or we could keep clogging up the forum with threads that were started 7 months ago and have nothing to do with the topic that started them, keeping the forum looking like there is nothing new here, and assuring no new members will ever join, or old members coming back since it looks like the forum is dead

notice how those new threads get a lot of posts? it aint rocket science.

Maybe I see it as longevity to the forum, and not crying because I have scroll past a thread, or whine in it.

13. S=E

Sassypants

14. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Or die trying.

Sakara=Excitement and Poindexter like this.
  15. S=E

Viva la thread making

16. Cat--Smasher

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Where they at?

Dimson likes this.
  18. S=E

It's that great marketing supposedly others will do that the UFC apparently couldn't (which is insane).

19. LebenTysonTank

LebenTysonTank Active Member

EXACTLY. THANK YOU. Also notice how now this thread will just go back into the dark abyss where it came from. I think I asked a pretty legit question,which I'm sure won't even get answeree,or even discussed,which is does ONE plan on absorbing the UFCs 125 Lb division?

20. Noise

Noise Ruido

I think the Japanese market differently (arguably better? would have to look at actual numbers, data, etc.). Them not being in the posters may not necessarily equate to them not being marketed or making big money in either sponsorships, or pay, or international exposure, etc. - Doesn't make crazy sense to keep them off the poster to us here stateside, but maybe it does over there? Maybe they're getting their own poster or maybe they're being marketed ten fold in other ways?

No clue, but just my two dimes.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 22, 2018, ---
    Side note: would love to cop that DJ/Eddie-less poster, regardless - god damn the Japanese know how to make a poster.

Kevo likes this.