1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Darren Till announces he is moving to middleweight, but welterweight return is possible

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Darren Till announces he is moving to middleweight, but welterweight return is possible

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Beady-eyed muhfukk.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  3. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Tyron, who Till looked an entire weight class bigger than, beat the ever loving shit out of him. He wants to move UP in weight? Good luck with that.

4. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Till will do well at 185.

helipoison and Qball1974 like this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

--- Post Added -- Oct 4, 2018, ---
    Who's his first fight? Santos?

1inthechamber likes this.
  6. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Santos or Adesanya would be my pick. More so Adesanya since he says he's the best striker in the UFC.

7. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Worked well enough for Bobby and Kelvin.

Kano, Dimson and CA_Gas Bag like this.
  8. helipoison

helipoison Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. The weight cuts seemed to be exceedingly difficult for him and I don't think the Woodley fight really showed anything to be honest. Either he was being super inactive in hopes of saving gas for 3/4/5, he froze in his big moment, or you could argue he was completely out game planned. No matter the reason, Till did not show up to fight in rounds 1 and 2 of their contest and that was obvious. I don't think you can take a whole lot away from that other than he can take quite a few decent shots before going down/out.

I can't think of anyone at 185 that has speed comparable to Woodley other than maybe Hall, but Hall doesn't have the takedown threat. I guess we won't know until he fights at 185 and really he's going to be suspect unless he beats a Weidman, Romero, Gastelum, or Jacare.

Kano likes this.
  9. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

MMA math is for goobers.

10. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

The cut is also hurting his progression. Folks noticed how drained he was a weight out from the fight, and it's because he spends his training camps focused on cutting weight rather than improving. Someone else said the same thing recently, maybe Anthony Smith?

Looking forward to Till filling out and putting on some fun MW fights.

helipoison, Qball1974 and Kano like this.
  11. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

12. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Till/Spider is a great fight.