Daniel Cormier vs Derrick Lewis for the UFC HW Title Set for UFC 230

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Oct 9, 2018 at 4:13 PM.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

2. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

He was given the opportunity to do so defending the LHW belt. That fight would've done close to 1 million buys. And he turned it down.

3. Nebraska

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/4/...ys-out-retirement-run-lesnar-first-then-jones

End of story. Have a nice day.

4. Sakara=Excitement

5. Nebraska

When was he offered a fight with Jones? Oh that’s right, he wasn’t. DC has never ducked anyone, at any weight, short notice or otherwise. Keep trolling trying, though.

Kano and chrisc like this.
  6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Don't remember reading that part but ok.

So long as his hand is healed I guess. Or not healed. Or not even there.

chrisc and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  7. Nebraska

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious that you didn’t read that part. Also, what’s everyone’s hold up with his hand? Lewis is a squash match. The dude has a two-minute gas tank. DC probably thinks he can get an easy pay day, do the UFC a favor by saving a botched card, get his Lesnar fight in January, his Jones fight in March, and call it a career. This isn’t rocket science, folks.

8. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Go out on a loss for his last fight, that does not sound like a good way to retire.

9. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I mean, his plans change so much it's hard to keep up.

The original original original plan after he won the hw title, was to defend the lhw title then fight Lesnar when he's back then retire.

But he hurt his hand and said he couldn't fight in the fall. Whether that was before or after declining a rematch with Goose, I can't recall.

Stipe would have fought him in a heartbeat, he had been trying to get that rematch at UFC 230 against DC. DC declined that fight.

If DC wanted to fight Jones (which you said he does), he could have fought him at UFC 230.

But instead of defending the LHW title he fedexed it to Las Vegas and took the easiest possible HW matchup, against a dude with no cardio a bad back and who just fought 3 hard rounds and legitimately has 2 fighters ahead of him more worthy of a shot.

If Conor or Jones or Cyborg pulled that shit you'd throw a tantrum.

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  10. Nebraska

It’s really frustrating trying to inform people who are too lazy to read beyond a headline and too dense to comprehend anything when they do actually bother to read the article or listen to an interview.

11. Sakara=Excitement

Yeah @Kevo . You lazy dense guy you! Geez.

12. Nebraska

August 16, 2014: the worst day in the history of this forum.

SandyWH, chrisc and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  13. JeterLover27

That’s debatable

Ninjastix and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

What did I say that was incorrect?

Ninjastix and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  15. Sakara=Excitement

If I didn't join who would you stalk? I give you purpose. Now quit being a whiny bitch.

I'm the Joker to your Batman. You need me. I complete you.

16. Nebraska

This is the first thing I take issue with. With Jones still suspended, DC was planning to fight at 205, then Lesnar as his retirement pay day. But Gus pulled out of UFC 227 after Anthony Smith was willing to step up and fight him on short notice. Who was left at 205 at that point? Gus is still in the midst of a long layoff and is the top contender by default in a division desperate for a reshuffling the deck. None of this is DC’s fault, but it sounds like you think the division is stalled because of he can’t decide who he wants to fight. Jones and Gus are more deserving of blame for the state of that division than DC. If anything, he kept it moving by fighting Anderson on short notice, rematching Rumble, rematching Jones, and fighting Volkan without a big gap in between.

I agree here that DC seems to have put Stipe on the back burner, but not as much as the UFC has. Unless you can prove me wrong, and I’ve checked already, I don’t believe that fight has been offered to this date. In fact, DC told Stipe directly that he’s next if Brock doesn’t get it together. That still jives with the timeline I already laid out for DC that he probably thinks he can roll through Lewis on short notice, fight Brock or Stipe next, then go back to 205 for Jones in the spring if he beats Gus.

This is flat out 100% false because Jones turned down the offer to fight on the MSG card, not DC.

And my big problem with this is that you are lumping DC in with a cheating racist and two lying cheaters and expecting me to act as if all four are the same. These three deserve far more criticism for their actions than DC. In fact, haven’t all three of them been in trouble with the law in the last two years?

Pretty sure that’s accurate, so, I’m sorry, but I don’t care how hypocritical it may seem, Cormier isn’t in that group in any way aside from also being a fighter.

17. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Agree that the division is shit. But that Goose fight was there if DC wanted it, and he declined. That's all I'm saying.

I guess my feeling is that, if DC has a very limited number of fights left why are we wasting one on Derrick Lewis the #3 fighter in line for a title shot. I feel he's ducking rematches with Stipe and Goose the same way Conor ducked contenders at featherweight.

Noted

I'm not lumping them together other than the fact that those three are fighters you constantly criticize and the other is one you're constantly championing. Don't be stupid like I'm directly comparing this DC situation with steroid use or whatever.

I agree you're being a hypocrite. Which is fine, we all are when it comes to fighters we do and don't like.

18. JeterLover27

Lol this fucking forum. You all fucking bitch and moan to much. Where did I say this. I didn’t say that. He said this. You said that. He did that. Fuck sake!! For the love of shit hawks enough!

19. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Could you explain this saying please

Kevo and JeterLover27 like this.
  20. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

All I know is if DC's hand is really jacked, he could be like the 10th person in a row to underestimate Lewis. How crazy would it be if Lewis caught a wild punch and put DC down??

Kevo likes this.