1. The impossibility of being human, all too human. This breathing in and out, out and in. These punks. These cowards. These champions. These mad dogs of glory, moving this little bit of light toward us impossibly. "UFC Fight Night 143: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Cormier discusses 2019 plans, says Brock Lesnar fight is ‘kinda still up in the air’

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Daniel Cormier discusses 2019 plans, says Brock Lesnar fight is ‘kinda still up in the air’

2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ Survival Pool Champion

why would DC wanna fight a steroids using cheat like Jones, he wants a clean fighter like Lesnar......lol

Dimson likes this.
  3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Good reading skills.......lol

Kano and Poindexter like this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

It depends on what he wants. Further his legacy? Biggest money fight.

Lesnar is locked with WWE until April. I think DC should either fight Jones or Stipe or retire.

5. Nebraska

Which one furthers his legacy, though? Does beating Stipe solidify his status as the HW GOAT? Does beating Jones make him the overall GOAT? And if he fights a guy he already smashed in one round will the fans call him out for ducking Jones?

I don’t think he’s got any easy choice either way. Choosing Jones will probably result in the least amount of pushback from fans, but Stipe will still raise hell and call him out, plus that’s the most dangerous fight of the three options.

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

It's tough because other than Stipe or Jones there is no other fight for him. Both divisions are shit. That's why I say retire. Or Jones at heavyweight. But why give him the satisfaction? Save the brain cells and retire.

Nebraska and Poindexter like this.
  7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I’d say if he can get the Brock fight then take it. Big payday and he’ll win. The old man deserves it. I really want him to fight Jones at heavyweight, but if I was him I’d fight Stipe or Lesnar. I think Jones would be a scary heavyweight. Imagine him at 225-235 without cutting weight.

8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

No backlash from me. DC has earned the right to fight whoever he wants or not fight.
    My personal choice would be for him to make the most easy money he can.

9. Nebraska

Jones won’t fight him at HW. So his options are “duck” Jones by giving Stipe a rematch or go after the title he just relinquished at 205.

10. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

We obviously know why Dana made Jones vs Gus for the lhw title, but it seems pretty stupid for DC to vacate the title and then attempt to get it back immediately. It’s dumb, which means that’s probably the way the UFC is leaning. Anytime they can do a champ vs champ fight they’re all over it, no matter how little sense it makes.

ATJ-Lucko, Nebraska and Qball1974 like this.
  11. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Agree he should retire and walk away the GOAT and be done with this shit show,

sit back put his feet up and enjoy the slow painful sinking of the UFC.

Kano and ATJ-Lucko like this.
  12. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ Survival Pool Champion

TL;DR

but i heard DC talk about fighting lesnar over jones
    --- Post Added -- Jan 1, 2019, ---
    why would jones retire??

13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Jones said that, like DC said he would never fight Jones, now he's open to it. *Shrug* people say shit all the time and back track. Jones/DC at hw or DC retire. Those are the two best options.

14. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

It's shitty that Brock gets to jump the line in front of the top 15 ranked guys and get an immediate title shot in which he'll be stopped in under 3 rounds.

15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I like that he's open to fighting Stipe and I can go either way on that. On the one hand, it was a decisive win against a guy who has demonstrated heart and toughness but not a ton of talent. That's been the Heavyweight division for quite some time unfortunately but it's what it is. On the other hand Stipe had the last quality run in the division. He gave some legitimacy back to the title.

"Deserves" is a tricky busy. Lesnar and Jones will sell big. But going out on a loss to Jones would be an ill fate.

We're I personally advising DC I'd tell him to stay injured and work on that Lesnar fight. I don't see Brock out wrestling or out striking Cormier, and thems the big two things you contend with. It would sell between two fanbases and win or lose Cormier would come out in a favorable light.

Personally, I'd like to see DC v. Jones 3.

JeterLover27, Kevo and Miz like this.
  16. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Your shitty is my awesome. Brock is one of my top ten favorite fighters to watch all time. I’d really only rather watch Hendo and Fedor more. I’m a shitty fan and I don’t give a fuck.

Problematique, Ninjastix and Kano like this.
  17. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

At this point.. if you're watching UFC it's like eating fried chicken while you wait for a bypass.

I like to think we're all shitty fans. Irresponsible. Vindictive. And with distorted intentions.

Bran, kc56, Kevo and 2 others like this.
  18. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Happy New Year Miz!

Ninjastix and Miz like this.
  19. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Brock Lesnar Has Yet to Pay Quarter-Million-Dollar Fine in Nevada

20. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor