Dana White: UFC could one day ‘bring boxing under our umbrella’

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Oct 24, 2017.

1. lwbrewer

lwbrewer Active Member

Too much WWE in he UFC for me but I will give Dana credit for putting into the sport. Yes his pockets too. He’s not political correct probely the biggest like.
    Can’t fix the problem without fixing the cause to many try to fix the result and that doesn’t work.

Miz and Cat--Smasher like this.
  2. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

I’d rather see them promote kickboxing.

3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

this one cracks me up. guy is 2 and 4 in the UFC, 13 - 14 overall and he's thinking 'asking' to be released? he's been begging to be released since he got there. he doesn't need to 'ask' for shit. Just keep fighting the way he is. I can't believe even conor can keep him working there

Lobov wants UFC release to try boxing, says Malignaggi ‘wouldn’t be a bad fight’
    Artem Lobov says he may just ask the UFC for a release so he can compete in professional boxing.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Spoon likes this.
  4. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

I want to see Conor and Nate box for 12 rounds.

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  5. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Dana White to discuss Zuffa Boxing with industry heads, interested in Anthony Joshua

6. Cat--Smasher

Holly Holm done with boxing career despite potential for new Zuffa venture

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Cat--Smasher

Dana White to boxers: Nobody can offer a better deal in combat sports than me

8. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

it couldn't have anything to do with tanking in the network deal they thought would somehow increase by 380% and finding out now they not only can't renew the original deal but aren't seeing much action on a new one anywhere, and their PPV sales per event have gone to shit in 2017?

Dana white claimed it was the biggest year yet for the UFC. if that isn't hyperbole (when has dana ever said the truth?) then it was ONLY because of the maymac fight. they tanked in ppv buys last year and even had less events on PPV

If they do it right it could be great. if they do it just to hide the fact they didn't do anything near what they projected last year? it could be very fucked.

i mentioned it was looking bad a long time ago on this network deal, and was argued that they were going to make bank. now it suddenly gone damend quiet on that deal after the last time they were 'contemplating keeping it all in fightpass' which really meant 'uh oh'

if they brought in boxing and tried propping it up just to make event numbers it could easily be a farce to keep investors from running.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  9. Cat--Smasher

Roy Jones Jr. to Dana White: Let me and Anderson Silva fight in the boxing ring