1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Dana White on Georges St-Pierre’s next move: ‘It’s going to be Whittaker’

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Dana White on Georges St-Pierre’s next move: ‘It’s going to be Whittaker’

2. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

That's not how it works. If GSP doesn't get that take down then Bisping tees off and gets the stoppage eventually. Proving he could mix things up made Bisping hesitant. That's why GSP is great, because he uses all of the tools.

Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  3. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Well that's a dumb move.

Dimson likes this.
  4. VimyRidge

VimyRidge Active Member

My guess is if GSP and Silva both win their next matches, it will be GSP versus Silva. Or even if GSP loses and Silva wins, I can still see the match being made.

5. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

What dana says and what happens are rarely the same thing. GSP and WME will determine who he fights next.

Dana is the same guy that said jones would not headline a card for awhile. the same guy that said GSp didn't really want to come back. there's a list a mile long of shit dana puked out that never even came close.

I still don't think he likes GSP and if I was GSp i'd despise dana. Dana claiming GSP 'owes' it to rematch hendricks and he's irate that GSP said he was going to step back.

Guess what? that rematch never came close either.

Fuck dana.

6. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

GSP will determine who he fights next, Period. :)

7. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I hope so because I think if it is up to GSP he goes on to wreck Conor! but I think Conor is still the only one that determines who he fights next unfortunately, double unfortunate if Conor decides that GSP isn't the right move for him... All this Nate/Conor 3 stuff has me worried.

8. Qball1974

I have little interest in GSP vs Conor,

And I really don't see them calling each other out.

9. thumper

Not reallly. i mean it's a marriage of two different points, but i agree GSP will lead the decision. it sure as shit won't be Dana white, thank God.

Honestly? I would bet he does one of two things. 1. move back to WW and fight Tyron or 2. try putting together a fight with Conor.

Whittaker doesn't make sense after it was pretty clear (at least to me) that GSP didn't like being a MW and seemed to be leaning towards dropping. It sounded like his goal was to grab a title, prove he could do it, then go back to his natural d ivision. or at least the one he fought at for so many years.

I have thought for awhile that GSP should be in the GOAt discussion but personally, i think P4P and GOAT are pointless, mental masturbation and they mean asbolutely nothing, which is also what they pay.

I have a hard time placing GSP over Anderson personally. even though i haven't really cared for silva for awhile and GSP has been my fav for a long time. I dont think beating michael fucking bisping puts him any closer to the goat. in fact, i don't think it improves his body of work with the exception of the new title. Bisping is easily the only guy he could have come back to and won a title. While he looked on point, he was gassing in the 2nd and I don't think it was the 4 years being away, i think it was the 4 years aging. I don't think he's going to have that same cardio. Maybe he couldn't be expected to carry huge cardio packing on that weight, but please? gassing in the 2nd? his plan was to come in and win fast. he never planned on that fight going 5 and that's why he was so aggressive.

Whatever, I LOVED watching him win and couldn't think of a better guy to destroy a dream of in bisping.

Qball1974 likes this.
  10. Qball1974

I take Anderson out of any discussion of "GOAT".

If he wasn't cheating would he have accomplished as much?

I also got the feeling GSP was done with MW and I don't blame him.

I figure he asks for Woodley, Conor, or walks away.

thumper likes this.
  11. Miz

Miz Badlands

GSP finishing Bisping is pretty bad ass. Can't wait to see him fight again. His book is still unwritten. As a guy with less left in my 30's I love it. I hope he gets Connor next. That would make him a pile of money. What does Connor walk around at? @Nebraska s head would explode if Connor won the 185 belt.

12. thumper

i see your point, but i definitely agree with you on his next fight wants. and GSP will get what he wants. I would bet he'll want woodley before getting stripped

13. Miz

Miz Badlands

Why fight Woodley over defending the middle weight belt?

ILJO likes this.
  14. thumper

because he doesn't sound like he likes the baggage of being a MW and it sounded to me like he wanted to move down.

But in the leadup I also heard him say he was contractually obligated to defend. if that's the case Whittaker will be it, but i just don't think those contracts mean what they used to.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 5, 2017, ---
    by the way, at this point? GSP will fight who GSP wants. nobody is going to tell him who to fight. but honestly other than a conor fight i don't think anything makes sense over just retiring

Miz likes this.
  15. Miz

Miz Badlands

I'd think Whitaker might be a better match up then Tyron. Tyron would probably be harder to take down. I might be being selfish as I think a fight with Whitaker would be more aestically pleasing.

ILJO likes this.
  16. m1ckey kn0x

m1ckey kn0x deranged derelict Site Donor

I sure hope not.

17. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

GSP isn't going to call out Conor. He's already said a few times that he's not going to call out someone in a lower weightclass, although he could potentially bait Conor into calling him out.

Nevertheless I think that fight happens at some point within the next couple of years.

kanobro likes this.
  18. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

The same exact thing considering almost everyone he merc'd were also using PED's. What exactly can you be mad about regarding Anderson's legacy? Apply the absolute worst case scenario and say he was cheating his entire career. That means he was on a level playing field against most of his competition.

On the other hand, if he only used PED's to recover from the broken leg quicker, then his legacy is not only intact, but it's more impressive considering who he beat, what they were using, and how easy he made it look.

19. thumper

like @Nebraska, I don't think you can discount him like that. we aren't talking about a career juice head like Jones.

Poindexter likes this.
  20. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Didn't GSP say he was contractually obligated to defend the title? I 100% expect it to be against Whitaker.