1. Right or wrong, it's very pleasant to break something from time to time. "UFC 224: Nunes vs. Pennington" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims started at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya set for UFC 222 main event; Frankie Edgar-Brian Ortega co-main

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Feb 7, 2018.

?

Is Yana Kunitskaya a credible opponent for Cris Cyborg?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Give it up Cat, your hate makes her stronger!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Rousey was overweight at 145. Cyborg is a 170 - 180 pounder cutting to 145.

Trodden likes this.
  2. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Not arguing that.. point still stands..Ronda left the weight class to avoid Cyborg and avoided her the rest of her career..

3. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

Stanozolol is typically used as a cutter, but the main principle behind it is using it to retain muscle mass while dropping weight. They typically use it to look more cut in bodybuilding competitions in Cyborgs case it was likely a matter of her making weight and just using it a little to close to the fight that it got flagged . It still does the same things as steroids it's just not as good in for using it muscle as other options out there but there are performance enhancing aspects to it. It's considered a safer steroid though and one that is used more commonly by women because it has less detrimental side implications compared to others. I don't think we can claim this as Cyborg trying to be smaller by any stretch.

Probably the most famous person caught using it was Ben Johnson and at the time he got popped he was smashing world records in the 100m races so you can't write it off as not performance enhancing.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Malevolence likes this.
  4. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Just like when you look at Harvey Weinstein, you say, "yeah, that guy rapes," so it goes with Cyroid and steirborgs.

5. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I think the one good outcome (if he wins), will be that Frankie will be an undeniable #1 contender with some fan enthusiasm behind him. And, in this era of the UFC, it's important to have a clear case that you're the most believable contender who can draw the most eyeballs.

The only thing that really bugs me is that we lose seeing these two after proper camps. Same problem that I had with Mendes/McGregor.

Trodden likes this.
  6. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

Frankie could retire and still be a #1 contender

Cat--Smasher likes this.
  7. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Curses Troddon, every time this thread pops up I think it's going to be sexy Cyborg photos

Trodden likes this.
  8. Trodden

why would I do that?

Im a heterosexual male

besides, all the magic in Middle Earth couldnt make pictures of cyborg sexy

9. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

10. Trodden

so the UFC is giving everyone a great main card before one of the most lopsided MMA main events in recent history

was randy couture/james toney II not available?

11. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Is this the first title fight in recent UFC where they didnt have a stock photo available for promotion?

Trodden likes this.
  12. Trodden

I wouldnt be surprised if some of Rondas fights were like that

some of her promos wouldnt even mention who she was fighting

sorry, I mean 'fighting'

13. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Mackenzie Dem is on the card? This is a sweet card in my book. You have a giant, a p4p great, and a blood sacrifice. Sign me up. Can’t wait.

14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Yea, for everybody shitting on the main event it's still a pretty solid card.

Miz, Sakara=Excitement and Trodden like this.
  15. Trodden

the main card and prelims are both stacked

Miz and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  16. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I think it's the kind of card that does well with hardcore fans but fails terribly with a broader base of PPV sales, which is shame. And the crazy thing is it might be one of the better WMMA representations in a while: a prospect, the return of an awesome veteran, and (to quote Miz) a blood sacrifice. Pretty awesome.

That said, how in the holy fuck does the UFC not have pictures of Dern up?! It's like they're trying to fuck this thing up.

Miz likes this.
  17. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I think it'll clear 250-350,000. Which ain't bad nowadays

18. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

She fought the majority of her judo career as well as winning an Olympic medal at 154 pounds.

Instead of attempting to fight Cyborg who had a title defense in December, aftet her fight in November called out Miesha Tate and dropped to 135.

I think she saw a clear path to be a dominate champion, and that included not ever fighting Cyborg.

NotSoDarkAngel likes this.
  19. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I like this breakdown (below). There's some other good stuff in that thread.

Qball1974 likes this.