Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez set for the LW Title at UFC 205

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Alves is stating food poisoning is to blame for the missed weight cut.

2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Third time missing weight and the previous two were at 170 and with IVs and lax drug testing for a guy who'd previously tested for diuretics. Fuck that guy, unprofessional and I hope Miller breaks him and RNCs him within two.

3. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

4. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Conor should have taped the tag or something n that coat. Obviously didn't like Eddie pointing that out lol.

Hope this fight is a fuckin war at the very least.

Malevolence and Poindexter like this.
  5. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

I'm surprised they don't have backups ready.

I know it's a pain with licensing and all that, but it's still do-able in my opinion.

6. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

Yes, food poisoning caused by eating too much of it over the course of several months before the fight.

sourdough and Malevolence like this.
  7. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Dolce claims him and his team do everything based on Science...and Alves used people who don't base things on science.

Dolce is a hack. He cooks food

8. Noise

Noise Ruido

Alves hired him. I hate displacing responsibility, particularly to weight cutting in an individual sport.

You sign to fight another man at an agreed upon weight.

You don't make weight.

Fuck that.

9. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

But isn't there a science and calculation to weight cutting hence why Alves hires Dolce so shouldn't Dolce take some responsibility for that considering his job is the science and calculating right? So if a fighter misses weight of course it's on the fighter but Dolce didn't do his job either

It be one thing if weight cutting was purely achieved through effort and hard work, but correct me if I'm wrong I do believe there's more to it than that

disposableassassin likes this.
  10. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

You're on the right track.

For a lot of guys the weight cut will generally start two-weeks out by way of diet and what foods their taking.
    If his nutritionist was doing his job, he would known before Alves took off to head to New York if there was a potential problem.

Not sure I buy the food poisoning thing. But, if it's legit it happened either prior to leaving for NYC, in which case the plan could be altered or UFC contacted to have a heads up. Or it happened once he reached NYC, at which point he should be eating prepared and measured meals, if eating anything based on how much he had to lose. If Alves went out and ate anything on his own, he deserves to miss weight. If he left FLA sick, then that's on his team for not letting the bosses know. And at all points along the way Dolce should know whats going on, especially if he's getting paid by a notorious weight misser.

11. Noise

Noise Ruido

I'm sure there is, but it's still on that independent contractor to deliver - And I harp on it so much because I know there's a guy across that cage who kept his word. In a sport like this? Where the stakes are, literally, shutting someone's lights out? Now Jim's put in this position because - Some secondary party hired by whoever blah blah blah fuck all.

20%? 30%? Even 70% of Alves' purse isn't enough, imo.

12. Fedorlei Gomipierre

It's not displacing responsibility when Dolce comes out and comments on his own against his "client" Alves, to protect his image and brand. He was hired by Alves, Alves failed to make weight and Dolce cashes his check regardless but still ensures he throws his client under the bus, it never fails and is "never his fault", that's bullshit.

I 100% agree that Alves is in the wrong here, I do not argue that point. But it's also bullshit for Dolce to always come out when somebody he's working with fails to make weight, because he sells himself as a special cutting guru yet never holds his process accountable when it fails.

Your original statement was to question what if Dolce's comments were correct? I think his track record for always coming out and making these statements is itself a total sham and therefore, I see him as having zero credibility. I also think Dolce and his inflated reputation give fighters in general, illusions as to impractical and exaggerated weight cutting abilities as his record has shown, and while the fighter absolutely takes the responsibility to make a signed weight for a fight, Dolce, in his role, is hired to do things that are unsafe and often impractical to achieve.

I think Alves is the very latest in a line of prime examples of the Dolce con.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 11, 2016, ---
    From what I've been reading, they've got Jacare on standby in case Romero balloons back up beyond the commission's standard.

13. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I don't think anyone is absolving Alves in any of it. Just this is becoming a pattern for Dolce too. Dolce's got fighters missing weight (which they shouldn't if he's been billed as the expert) and when they miss weight everyone, including Dolce is surprised.

There's no way that Dolce should be surprised if he's monitoring the issue.

It's still wholy on the fighter himself to get right, but tossing some leftover hate at the guy being paid to make sure that the weight is made needs to happen.

Noise likes this.
  14. Fedorlei Gomipierre

This.

I think @Noise is absolutely correct about holding Alves accountable, and I don't think it is anyone else's fault he didn't make weight at the end of the day, so I hope my posts aren't perceived as though I'm trying to solely blame Dolce for Alves failing here, it's on Alves. I do however think it's a joke that Dolce is touted as an expert, is hired to do a certain job successfully, and pretty much without fail, when his fighters don't make weight he then buries them in public and ensures the media knows so his diet/scam isn't blamed.

Noise likes this.
  15. 1inthechamber

1inthechamber Well-Known Member

Ariel trying to play up Conor sizing Woodley today is a Joke. One Woodley bomb completely disassembles Conor and ships him back to Ireland.

16. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Oh yeah, not gonna happen lol....but I can't blame Woodley for trying to hit the lottery with a Conor fight. I'm also thinking that's a mighty smart way to stay relevant if he loses to Wonderboy.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 11, 2016, ---
    Also:

A. Whammy
    B. Why the fuck didn't they try to score this after the Lawler fight fell through? Was Brown not cleared from the Ellenberger merc?

Kevo and 1inthechamber like this.
  17. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

[​IMG]

18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I would agree with this, unless Alves and his team really did go away from what Dolce was saying to do. I would say at that point, you can't put any of the fault on him. I'm not saying hes guilty or innocent. But his statement, then Alves' team saying food poison, I think it looks more and more like they did just go away from what Dolce said

19. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Alves didn't use Dolce this time out. Their "schedules" didn't match. Dolce came out by saying, haha fuck you I use science bitch...but there is no science to back that claim up.

20. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

So what am I missing? If Dolce wasn't apart of this, why is he getting shit on