1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Conor McGregor storms cage to celebrate w/ teammate, threatens ref. Marc Goddard at Bellator 18

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Noise, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Good point. He should have choked the shit out of him like Mirgliotta did a few years ago. That’s what should happen every time a fan storms the cage like a lunatic.

disposableassassin and sourdough like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Yes he did. The commission has a job to do, such as talk to both fighters and see if they are physically ok. Conor got pushed, to let him know he needs to fuck off until they are done. He didn't shove him to the ground, or throw a strike, he pushed him to restore order. I look it as the same way a ref will physically move a fighter off of another fighter, so they don't throw another strike. They're not trying to assault the fighter, they are trying to maintain control.

Maybe it'd be different if Conor immediately pushed Marc back (not really IMO). But instead Conor followed Marc and shoved him from behind. If it was a street fight, Conor couldn't claim he retaliated in self defense, when Marc was clearly walking away from the situation.

Honestly the worst part to me is Conor continuing to circle around, to get to Marc again, knocking right in to the downed fighter, and knocking him over.

kanobro, Nebraska, Poindexter and 2 others like this.
  3. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

To me, him running over a Ko'd fighter is being grossly overlooked. That man needed medical attention. Conor sucks. There is no excuse for this behavior.

4. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Just asking,

Less hostile peoples.

5. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

6. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Nothing happens to people that make other people money,

Mark my words.

7. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

wow hyperbole much chael?

i think we all know what will happen.. which is pretty much nothing

now the reality is, if they wanted revenge it would be very simple. refuse him a license based on his actions. they could hold out as long as they wanted to especially since he's assaulted one of the officials of a commission, regardless of what managed that event. if things 'propagate' like normal, he'd he fucked everywhere

not hard to figure out without making ridiculous stories about people that have zero to do with any sanctioning body of mma, or its commissions.

disposableassassin likes this.
  8. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

The Roy Nelson incident should also be acknowledged in this discussion.

Dana White: Roy Nelson ‘needs to be buried’ for kicking Big John McCarthy

9. thumper

absolutely. the difference is neither roy nor jason made big $$ for them. anyone else would be fired on the spot

and as for saying goddard pushed him first, he was pushing him out of the immediate area, which is his job. just like he does any fighter or anyone else that gets in the way of another fighter

10. Cat--Smasher

Anyone who brings up Goddard pushing Conor first as an attempt to justify or neutralize McGregor's actions is clearly a nut hugger or doesn't understand the role of a ref.

11. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

The brat needs a spanking.

12. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

I gotta agree. I'm all for Conor's persona selling a fight and getting people's attention but he needs to cut the shit out in times like this. It's obvious he thinks he's invincible now and can do whatever the hell he wants and he went way too far.

13. Cat--Smasher

Andy Ryan says promotion should take some blame for Conor McGregor’s antics at Bellator 187
    --- Post Added -- Nov 13, 2017, ---

[​IMG]

14. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

I can't believe someone would need to explain this to Conor but....

The ref doesn't have to tell you anything. Why? Because you have zero to do with the fight outside of some emotional attachment to a teammate. You aren't in the fight. You aren't cornering the fight. You aren't scoring the fight. You aren't the commission. So given all of that, you're pretty low on the "Need to know" totem pole.

We all know nothing will be done. Conor will grow in his recklessness because of it. And 6 months from now, we'll get a Dana White press conference stripping Conor of the belt wondering where it all went wrong. The UFC not having any balls is where it went wrong Dana.

I'm beyond over hearing about Conor unless it's a signed bout agreement. I say we just boycott him until he actually fights an MMA bout.

Malevolence likes this.
  15. thumper

oh someone had a talk with conor somewhere. he deleted that tweet pretty soon after he made it.

There are more reports of him being a total druggie too, but i think we've mostly known about that for awhile.

this dude is going to crash just as quickly as he came up.

16. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

As someone who has some experience working for a commission and working UFC/Bellator shows, here's my thoughts:

Both UFC and Bellator employ people to open and close the door, and help with the commission working the corner.
    Blatant, or obvious security is not ringside, specially around the areas where camera men and their ilk work.

There are cutmen and production people around the cage, but that's pretty much it.

The only security I've seen at Bellator/UFC shows have been employed by the arena at which the show was held, and they're not high in numbers.

The commission is really in control, or should be at least, of who comes into the cage after the fight. In PA, only the commission, cutmen and doctors are allowed in the cage immediately after a fight. Once the hype has dialed down, and each fighers' camp has been shown to be respectful and professional, then they are permitted into the cage.

As for a fighter hitting/pushing a commissioner, that shit would set off the athletic director off (in PA, the AD is really protective of his guys and doesn't back down from anyone, and is known for being very...how should I put this...not afraid from voicing his concerns at a high volume right in your face)

Immediate removal from the building, instant indefinite suspension and a mandatory hearing would be set. Minimum.

Now, I've never worked with a Conor McGregor type fighter and haven't been hit by a fighter while working, I've been pushed but not in a threatening way, more like a "I really gotta talk shit to the guy behind you" way, so I'm kind of unsure as to what will happen to ConnyMac.

But those are my thouhts, for what its worth.

Poindexter, Spoon and Nebraska like this.
  17. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Conor McGregor's next fight at UFC 219 scratched following ‘unacceptable behavior’ at Bellator 187

--- Post Added -- Nov 13, 2017, ---
    John Kavanagh describes Conor McGregor as ‘overemotional’ at Bellator 187

Still not hearing an apology Team McGregor.

18. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

1) Conor vs Ferg wasn't announced for UFC 219 so saying the fight was scrapped just sounds like the UFC ACTING like they're punishing him when in reality they're under McGregors thumb.

2) Letting McGregor walk around with the belt for a few more months while not defending, getting to act like he's king shit, is more of a reward than a punishment.

If they really wanted to punish him they'd strip him and suspend him at a bare minimum. Anything else is just public relations posturing to make the UFC seem like they're still in charge.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  19. KevoIsAPoopyHead

KevoIsAPoopyHead SMOKE BOMB!

Hahaha yea that's why he's not on the card haha

Ninjastix and Qball1974 like this.
  20. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Just because it wasn’t announced doesn’t mean it wasn’t their plan. They don’t announce everything immediately.