1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Colin Quinn's "Long Story Short" on HBO. DVR it.

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Noise, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Noise

Noise Ruido

It's on this Saturday night, so. DVR it. Directed by Seinfeld. Broadway show, a one-man type deal. "Covering more than 2000 years in 75 minutes."

2. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Quinn is easily in my top 3 ever.

3. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I like Colin but I don't see him as a great comic.

4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

same here.

5. Noise

Noise Ruido

Like DiPaolo, I think he's a funny person, but I'm not crazy about his stand-up. I'm curious as hell about this, though. I hope HBO does more of these one-man/woman shows.

With comedians, not has-been actors.

6. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

I like Quinn because he makes great comedy out of scatterbrained ideas. His delivery is so unusual because he'll start a topic, change midway through and finish his point in a unique way. I got the chance to see him live a few years ago and it was fantastic.

7. Peno

Peno All will fall

Colin has his moments but his best years (comically) are behind him. There's a Bill Hicks documentary on OnDemand I'll check out WAY before I check this out.

8. Noise

Noise Ruido

I want to see that Bill Hick's documentary BAD.

9. Peno

Peno All will fall

I just checked and it's $7.99 on OnDemand.... I'm gonna try and rip a copy off the interweb before I fork out the $$. Either way I'm check'n that documentary out. Bill Hicks is hands down my favorite comic ever.

10. Noise

Noise Ruido

It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.

11. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

I watched the first 45 minutes of Quinn's special last night. It's brilliant. It's not just a standup set. It's 90 minutes of a philosophical and very funny look at human history and it's quite simply, brilliant. I can't wait for it to hit dvd.

12. ILJO

ILJO Mississippi Girl Site Donor

I didn't see there was a thread about this... I posted about it in the movie review thread... but anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

It's not so much a stand up as it is a broadway play/one man show type of deal.

13. Noise

Noise Ruido

Yup, hopefully HBO does more of these.

I particularly liked when he searched Iraq for a gun, :rofl:. "...What did you do?"

14. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Quinn's being doing various one man shows for years now, since "Tough Crowd" was cancelled. He still does normal standup too. "Tough Crowd" getting cancelled made me hate Comedy Central for years.

15. Noise

Noise Ruido

I wonder how Colin would do on the radio.

DiPaolo filled in for Dan Patrick a couple of times - You could tell the Dannettes (Dan's co-hosts) were nervous as fuck during the whole thing. Worried Nick would bring their whole show crashing down with one slip or something, hahah. I thought he did great, though. On the PG-13 terrestrial-format, no less. I bet Colin would do well too.

16. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Funny you say that. Quinn was on Howard Stern a few times and I thought he'd be perfect for the spot Artie vacated. But Quinn said he doesn't like the constraints a radio show would put on him. The top tier ones are early as hell in the morning.