1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

Colby Covington told he will receive the first shot against newly crowned champion Kamaru Usman

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

2. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

Until he doesn’t

Qball1974 and Poindexter like this.
  3. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ

Covington just signed his own death warrant.

4. Cat--Smasher

New welterweight champ Kamaru Usman suffered fractured foot prior to UFC 235
    --- Post Added -- Mar 3, 2019, ---
    Colby Covington not buying Kamaru Usman title shot promise 'until I'm locked in that cage'
    Tyron Woodley felt ‘flat,’ ‘hypnotized,’ but wants a rematch with Kamaru Usman
    New UFC champ Kamaru Usman plans on 'brutalizing' Colby Covington in first defense

5. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

Check this out, I'm normally in full favor of long term champs getting a rematch...BUT that's on one of those disputed decisions or a flash KO, not a thorough domination by the then challenger. I like Woodley, think he's a damn good fighter but I do not believe in any way that he deserves an immediate rematch. Even IF Colby can't make the next title fight I would prefer to see another challenger and have Woodley fight a top contender and win convincingly to set up a rematch. Sort of the Rose v JJ situation, Rose dominated her the first fight so I didn't inherently need to see the second but after the second I definitely do not want to see a third unless she were to clear out the division (context). If Woodley happens to get an immediate rematch and then loses said rematch, even as a fan of Woodley, I would have no vested interest in seeing him fight Usman a third time.

Qball1974 likes this.
  6. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Also Woodley's not a needle mover and Dana doesn't like him,

he wont be getting a sniff at that belt for a long time if ever.

7. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’m okay with Colby getting beat up. Maybe give Woodley RDA or Masvidal if he wins. Let Lawler beat up Askren again and maybe they rematch

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Askrens path to the title. Beat Till/Masvidal winner, face Marty/Colby winner.
    Then beat GSP and retire GOAT.

Dimson and m1ckey kn0x like this.
  9. Cat--Smasher

10. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

For the love of god, everyone please stop saying Tyron should fight RDA. Poor RDA needs a fight that isn't 25 minutes of getting his brain thumped or 1 minute of car crash. Like a nice slow bike ride maybe.

m1ckey kn0x, ATJ-Lucko and Kevo like this.
  11. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ

woodley versus Borrachinha at 185

Askren versus winner of Nelson/Edwards

12. thumper

thumper Picogrammy Staff Member

My dislike for Colby grows stronger every time I see him say something stupid, or do something stupid like taking a camera in to confront dana at a BJ table which is so uncool it's hard to know where to start.

On another topic:
    Also, Now that Woodley lost so overwhelmingly badly, I wonder what his longevity is in the UFC now. Honestly, I'd like to see them release him and let him go to ONE, or Bellator etc. Anywhere that could get a marketing team behind him and promote him.

I can't stand him personally, but holy shit he's usually fun to watch fight. I still don't know what was up Saturday but that just didn't seem like the Woodley we've all watched for years.

ANyway, one thing I can say for sure is I'm super glad these guys have options now to leave the UFC and get paid. They can't gobble up these orgs like they did everyone else. And from what I've read it seems like the other orgs are stepping up.

At least they can get sponsors now. Granted they won't get nearly the $ from them, but now they have at least some optins

13. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

So Usman and that dirty MF'er Ali went to attack Colby in like a buffet line or some crazy shit. So the UFC will be fine with a manager throwing a punch at a fighter in public?

14. Cat--Smasher

Im sure Colby has already called the cops.

15. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

#talkshitgethitplaybeerpongcallcops

16. Cat--Smasher

Good point. Colby shouldnt have been talking shit without expecting to get hit.

17. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

That’s not how that works

18. Anchorpunch

Anchorpunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

Guys, I never thought I'd have to write a message like this to you all. I'm just so upset, so frustrated, but I won't let it get me down.

Some of you from the weed thread know that I took a job recently that's HQ'd in Chicago. When I arrived today, I was getting a breakfast sandwich after taking the blue line into the city from the airport. And, while I looked at my delicious sandwich from Dunkin that had applewood bacon on it, Colby Covington ran up behind me and yelled "THIS IS SHERDOG COUNTRY" before hitting me and wrapping a keyboard wire around my neck.

I'm in tears. And my coworkers said that they don't believe me. I'm so angry with people who say that Colby isn't even in Chicago and I'm just playing on the current climate of anti-MMA media sentiment.

I'M THE MMA INTERNET'S TUPAC!!

19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

He got hit with a boomerang and now this. Maybe he should just shut up.

Kano likes this.
  20. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

While I agree his shtick is old, tired, pathetic, low brow, not funny, not creative and in poor taste. It may have played a part in getting him a title shot.