1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Colby Covington’s manager says Tyron Woodley fight being discussed for UFC 233

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Colby Covington responds to Tyron Woodley's bet offer with counter, says UFC champ faking injuries

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

How bout you sign a fucking contract and fight.

Dimson, AnchorPunch and Poindexter like this.
  3. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

My money is on Chris as the original Nostradumbass.
    Remember that guy?

chrisc and Poindexter like this.
  4. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’ll be predicting futures from 10-2. 15$ a pop

Kano likes this.
  5. Cat--Smasher

Kamaru Usman says he's been offered Colby Covington fight, but doesn't expect acceptance
    Who does Woodley fight if Usman and Covington fight next?
    --- Post Added -- Dec 6, 2018, ---

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I don't blame Covington for waiting.

7. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Wait a minute. Tyron was just talking shit, all while he had no intention of fighting anytime soon?

Come on man. A fight against Colby is one of the few times im gonna root for him. He’s fuckin it up

kc56 likes this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Fuck a Colby

9. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

Business.
    What's the payday look like? Not good enough, fine I'll have surgery instead.
    Woodley isn't about who his challenger is, he's about what his check looks like.

Colby had hs chance to book this fight at least once before. Now its gonna be on TW's time table.

Noise likes this.
  10. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Ok? So don’t talk shit offering some stupid ass bet about money for takedowns
    --- Post Added -- Dec 6, 2018, ---
    Aren’t you always criticizing GSP for approaching it as a business?

11. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

[​IMG]

12. Noise

Noise Ruido

Colby waiting for Tyron - as it fucking should be.

[​IMG]

Dimson, Poindexter and Kevo like this.
  13. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

No. I criticize GSp for many things, but approaching it as a business isn’t one of them.
    I’m all for every fighter maximizing their worth.
    I’m not all for taking the easiest path to easiest payday.
    My issues with GSp is that he has done what’s best for his record, not his wallet. But then talks about challenges and honor. Woodley doesn’t disguise his business side.

And what does Woodley’s offer of the side bet have to do with whether or not he had surgery? He’s not pretending to be sick to get out of a mandatory title defense. He’s not accusing a challenger of taking PEDs. He’s not cherry picking the highest profile easy opponent. He’s not demanded to fight In His home town. He had figure that would have made him fight without surgery. That figure wasn’t available, he had surgery.

Lest we forget Colby did the very same thing. That’s how Darren Till got his title shot. Because Colby opted not to fight. Has your precious GSp ever had to delay or call off a title fight due to surgery?

14. Cat--Smasher

Tyron Woodley dispels Dana White criticism: I haven't turned down UFC 233
    --- Post Added -- Dec 10, 2018 at 8:51 PM, ---

15. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Why is Woodley being a pussy, he should have moved up and fought for the 185lb title by now.

16. Noise

Noise Ruido

Does anyone have any inside information on how Colby has any non-white training partners to begin with? Jorge Masvidal's showed his true Uncle Tom colors, so it is what it is; but how is that bulimic fuck allowed into any gym that doesn't look like a 2016 White House intern class photo?

Dimson and Poindexter like this.
  17. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

What has he said about non white people? I know he talked shit about Brazil. From what I remember, I dunno if it was him or someone else, but they said that gym was very “clique-ish” and the Brazilians kind of trainer together and Americans trained together. Dunno how true

18. Noise

Noise Ruido

You answered your own before I could, lol. Clown's bigoted as fuck; anyone with an ounce of melanin who's OK with the guy is an Uncle Tom, point blank. I can't even imagine how that conversation goes: "Massuh just playing."

Like, it's on-sight or it's whatever-Jorge-Masvidal's-house-slave-ass-is-doing-behind-closed-doors. Cooning's a real thing; don't know when people got shy about calling house slaves exactly what they are, shit's crazy.

Dimson likes this.
  19. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

I bet people avoid you like the plague at dinner parties... "oh no, don't engage him! Fuck!!!"

Dimson likes this.
  20. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

If there was a champion to defend the title, maybe you'd have a point.
    There's been 2 MW titles and 3 MW champs running around out there and they've been fought over only 3 times in the last 26 months. Woodley has defended his belt 4 times in that span.

The MW title (neither of them) was defended in all of 2018.