1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Chuck Liddell vs Everyone else, The Greatest Champion of all time!

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by chuckthechamp, Feb 4, 2015.

1. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

You're not much of a sailor if you don't.

2. Taste Testing Tannehill’s Fart Box

Taste Testing Tannehill’s Fart Box Ninja

This dude make pretty good money while fighting, had a cake ass job barely working making 1 mil a year, and could easily make money off his name. Plus I'm sure his wife makes decent money.

Though I guess you're not really risking getting knocked out fighting Tito or Chael.

3. Malevolence

Malevolence “Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!”

Due to his dirty ol' San Luis Obispo lifestyle I'd imagine there's as likely a chance of the former.

4. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Well if Tito evaded it, Chuck can too.

kc56 likes this.
  5. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

6. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Chuck Liddell denies Chael Sonnen fight rumors, but says it would be ‘an easy matchup’

7. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Chuck Liddell wouldn’t say no to a comeback fight if the money was right

8. Cat--Smasher

9. Sakara=Excitement

Chuck Liddell: I was promised a lifetime position in the UFC

Chael Sonnen on Chuck Liddell’s ‘easy fight’ comments: Bellator ‘offered it to him twice’

10. Cat--Smasher

Shit or get off the pot. All this Liddell Sonnen talk is starting to get old. Book the fight or stop talking about it.

11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

This is how Sonnen operates. He talks about it until someone makes it happen. Can't stand the guy.

12. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i would think Bellator had learned after the massive flop their last PPV was these geriatric fights nobody cares to see.

The ROI on these guys can't be worth it

13. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I dunno. I can see a Chuck/Sonnen match selling pretty well, but mostly because of Chuck. And I don't think Chuck has any fights in him past a Sonnen fight. But no idea how much Chuck would need to get paid for that to happen.

14. thumper

I have to wonder if that dude has a gambling or drug problem. for how many years was he collecting a free paycheck from the UFC and now that he gets cut he wants to fight again? that just doesn't seem to fit. I got to wonder if there's an underlying reason here. Chuck stayed in the game WAY too long, but Chuck is 47 and it's been 10 years since he won a fight.

If there was ever a poster child for someone NOT to come back, i would think him getting a license would be nearly criminal. dude ran through everyone as an absolute killer, then went 1 and 5 in 3 years, with 4 of those losses as KOs.

if he can still get licensed, anyone can for anything. I like chuck man and this is a really bad way to cap off what has already been a disastrous retirement string of fights

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I don't disagree with any of this. But Sonnen is a very low risk, high reward fight and I imagine a lot of guys would consider coming out of retirement to fight him.

thumper likes this.
  16. thumper

You do have a really good point about Chael being a very low risk fight. I wasn't really thinking that way.
    Chael hasn't had a striking finish in 10 years, and in fact, of his last 10 wins, 0 were tko/ko. he has 2 subs and 8 decisions.

So i will agree your point is very good.

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Dude took Wanderlei to a decision. 'Nuff said.

18. Cat--Smasher

Morning Report: Chuck Liddell says he could fight 'tomorrow' with right offer

19. Sakara=Excitement

20. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member