Carla Esparza accuses Claudia Gadelha of greasing at UFC 225: ‘She’s a cheater’

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Carla Esparza accuses Claudia Gadelha of greasing at UFC 225: ‘She’s a cheater’

2. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Oh BJ,

where's your mom to help this lady out.

[​IMG]

3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Holy shit that was beautiful my friend. If BJ had just ran under water with more rocks he wouldn't have had to give up and not answer the bell against GSP. :)
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---
    Damnit, I tried to rep you Qballhair, but forgot about my own problem. shit.

4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

All Penn jokes aside, sour grapes, she's right, or a bit of both?
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---
    And I think she won that fight regardless. I say run it back

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  5. Qball1974

I dunno,

always thought the ref and commissions check that shit out before the fight even starts.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Haha ask GSP aw shit right back to the Penn jokes my bad

disposableassassin likes this.
  7. Qball1974

That's one way around it I guess,

but the rule is excessive amounts. And that's far from it I'd say.

[​IMG]

8. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Whether she cheated or not Cláudia still lost that fight. Worst decision of the night by far.

9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I had Carla winning.

Both are hot.

10. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

Carla outlanded her 2 to 1. I think even more than that.

11. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

INVESTIGATION!!!!

Dimson likes this.
  12. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Claudia Gadelha responds to Carla Esparza’s greasing accusations: ‘Excuses’

13. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

They do check but if you use lotion or baby oil or something that soaks into the pores, it wouldn't come out until they start sweating. Akiyama admitted to it back in the day.

Kevo likes this.
  14. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

Coming from the woman who used a blatant headbutt...

15. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

This is something that I've heard as well.

Sneaky sneaky.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 14, 2018, ---
    Mostly, in the locker rooms i've worked, we make it known that we don't want to see any grease/oils/vaseline at all. If we do, we inspect the fighter and make sure he/she isn't greased and tell the corner again, to keep the grease away.

If we suspect a fighter is cheating, we bring it to the athletic director's attention and he makes any final judgements on any further actions needed.

I've never had to go that far. Most people don't do that stupid shit out in the open and basically calling someone a cheater in the fight business from a commission's perspective is quite a serious accusation.

Qball1974, Poindexter and Mr. Cornute like this.
  16. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

17. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

The way they did it was like bathe in the shit the night before the fight. i mean a TON of it.

then wipe it all off really good and probably shower. then like @Fe1 said it comes out when they sweat.

actually a brilliant cheat for back in the days of vale tudo

But shit like silva rubbing it all over him? How the fuck does that work? because now he can't grapple at all with really slick hands and not even a way to wipe them off.

if he greases to keep from losing grappling isn't he really handicapping himself by doing that? I have no clue. I was TKD and there is very little grappling in that

18. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Well, in later rounds of hard fought fights the fighters are so fucking slick from sweat it's insane. Even after you wipe them down between rounds, it's only temporary. As soon as they start to get moving they start sweating again.

But wiping the vaseline from their faces with their hands to distribute it to their shoulders, elbows, or whatever definitely greases up their hands. If their shorts aren't soaked through with sweat they can wipe their hands on their shorts and it will help take off a good portion of the grease.

In PA, if we see that happening we make sure the Athletic Director knows and he usually makes sure the ref knows (If the ref doesn't spot it and call for a towel)

One funny thing to note is that it's not the State's obligation to provide towels for the corner. It's on the promotion and ultimately the fighter/fighter's team.

Not only do you have to keep the fighting surface dry, you have to make sure your fighter is wiped down between rounds (in MMA, you can't dump water on them and send them out) Boxing it's a little more relaxed on the water on the body, but still...

As an inspector, I cannot tell you how many times promotions don't provide towels, don't provide a team of people to wipe down the fighting surface (canvas or vinyl) and leave it up to the fighters to provide their own towels and most of them do not.

It's a bit crazy that the potential for cheating by applying grease or excess water (accidental or intentional) is so simple, but just providing towels to help prevent or correct such actions are loosey-goosey.

Finally - for MMA, in PA usually the promoter hires a cutman to apply vaseline to the faces of fighters before the enter the cage. Should a cut happen only the cutman can work it and apply grease.

If the corner prefers to be the one to do that, they have to immediately leave the cage when done working the cut and applying the grease - they still cannot be excessive with it. Then they have to remove their medical gloves and get new ones.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018