Captain America 3: Civil War, Robert Downy Jr. in talks to co-star.

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Jager Meister Hunter, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109212

Clark Kent likes this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

So Downey is getting 40 million to be part of Cap 3 while Evans will get like 2 million. Fuck that shit. With that said it should be bad fucking ass

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

He's the money maker.

4. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I'm pretty sure Chris Evans is going to make a lot more than 2 million dollars. Also to note is Robert Downey Jr., is one of the greatest actors of this generation both in talent and commercial recognition while Chris Evans while entertaining, isn't in the same league as Downey in any way, shape or form. All that said, this sounds completely fucking awesome.

Beardown98 likes this.
  5. William Munny

William Munny Well-Known Member

The civil war took place in like 1823. This movie sounds unrealistic and dumb.

Ninjastix and ATJ-Lucko like this.
  6. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

Downey's been around forever, Evans is not in his league

7. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

Terrible attempt at an ignorant joke....

That aside, really glad RDJ s taking a bigger stake. He drives the non comic fans to those movies. Civil War is a perfect story to tell in cinema. I hope they include Skrull elements because that would segue perfectly into a cosmic match up with the guardians.

TriangleSmoke likes this.
  8. William Munny

I'll be here all week. Tip your bartender.

9. ATJ-Lucko

i chuckled, me thinks the doctors still haven't removed that stick up foundstarr's ass

10. William Munny

In all seriousness it will not be called civil war...PC police won't allow it

11. foundstarr

Yeah the guy who voluntarily sticks inanimate objects up his ass, comments like he doesn't. Straight up though, Freak you are a creepy dude and disgusting in general. Your death will benefit the world, so please just die.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

My hope is a cop will catch you pre rape and put you down.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  12. ATJ-Lucko

lol

well someone didn't have a happy childhood

13. foundstarr

Had a great childhood, wishing a scumbag dead doesn't impact that.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Wanna place bets on what the parents of these kids would say over your online activity?

14. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I don't think Marvel can do anything Skrull related b/c of the FF deal with Fox. i could be wrong, but i believe i read that a year or so ago.
    i'd be shocked if it wasn't called Civil War. that was the name of the story, which broke into the mainstream a bit, so they're throwing away money by not calling it that. the new Avengers movie has nothing to do with the Age of Ultron comics and its still called that. why? because its a familiar name and is good to bank on.

15. foundstarr

Yeah I think read something like that with the Skrulls, if they did Secret Wars they would have to exclude Venom which sucks. Maybe Siege would be good.

16. Clark Kent

Im not saying I disagree with him getting that much, just has to suck for Evans because it's his movie he is the main star of it to not get anything close to what Downey will be getting.

Also read that spiderman might some how be involved in this movie. Awesome if true, not thrilled at the fact they will end up recasting him again. I read Sony is willing to let marvel use spiderman and they are thinking about recasting him because spiderman 2 didn't make as much as they thought.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I agree with your sentiment regarding Evans pay but I'd be willing to bet he's making alot more than 2 million dollars. Also to note, Evans doesn't even want to continue this path. He wants to direct and work on non super hero stuff but he's stuck. They originally wanted him for 9 movies, he balked and they compromised at 6, but he doesn't even want to go that far.

In regards to Spider-Man, I did read that they are considering using "The Sinister Six" as a soft reboot to recast the role and go in a different direction and potentially cross over with the other Marvel movies. I really don't understand why they're panicking about the franchise. ASM2 made more than 700 million dollars and was a half billion in the profit. Regardless of what you expect, that's a damn good haul.

18. Clark Kent

Agree with the spiderman part. But wouldn't Sony have to run past there casting choice to marvel because if marvel doesn't like the choice they won't use him.

Hugh Jackman has to be pissed, he really wants to be in a avengers movie.

As for Evans yeah I heard that, so he has avengers 4 left because he won't be in 3 and cap 3 and then Bucky will be taking over unless they can get Evans for more.

19. foundstarr

I'm confused... Has Chris ever proven he has the drawing power of RDJ? Also The number you came up with seems out of the blue and has nothing to do with anything reported.
    If Sony will let Spiderman crossover, holy shit they could do Siege right. Or the original Secret Wars

20. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

Why? Do you think the US Civil War was the first or last "Civil War" that took place? There have been several other Civil Wars and even a College football rivalry game on ABC every year with that name. It isnt as taboo as you seem to think.

foundstarr likes this.