1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Canelo vs GGG Live Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by ILJO, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Yes she is. In both sports. And NSAC thinks she does nothin wrong. Her scores are generally opposite in the complete wrong direction

2. Noise

Noise Ruido

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-nsac-executive-judge-adalaide-byrd-scorecard
    --- Post Added -- Sep 17, 2017, ---
    NSAC executive notes Adalaide Byrd's unusual card but sticks up for veteran judge

LAS VEGAS -- While middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez delivered on their promise to put on a memorable, action-packed fight, it might be remembered more for the scorecard of judge Adalaide Byrd.

Golovkin retained the title for the 19th consecutive time in what was ruled a split draw Saturday night before a sold-out crowd of 22,358 at the T-Mobile Arena.

It was a close, competitive fight that judge Dave Moretti scored 115-113 in favor of Golovkin and judge Don Trella scored 114-114. It was Byrd's scorecard that was the stunner.

She had it 118-110 in favor of Alvarez, giving Golovkin only the fourth and seventh rounds on a scorecard that likely will go down as one of the most shocking in boxing history.

In an unusual move, Bob Bennett, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, came to ringside shortly after the fight to speak to the media and address the controversy of Byrd's scorecard.

[​IMG]

He recommended all three judges for selection to the panel, and they were approved by the five commissioners. Bennett lauded Byrd as a quality judge but made no excuses for her scoring of the fight.

"Adalaide, in my estimation, is an outstanding judge," Bennett said. "She's done over 115 title fights and/or elimination bouts. She does a great deal of our training. Takes a lot of our judges under her wing. I think being a judge is a very challenging position.

"Unfortunately, Adalaide was a little wide. I'm not making any excuses. I think she's an outstanding judge, and in any business, sometimes you have a bad day. She saw the fight differently. It happens."

The judges are not made available to the media following fights.

This is not Byrd's first controversial scorecard. She had Diego Magdaleno defeating Nonito Donaire 118-110 to win a junior featherweight world title in 2016 in a fight the other judges had closer. Another example was the 2012 junior middleweight title fight between Austin Trout and Miguel Cotto. Trout won the fight, but Byrd's 119-109 scorecard in favor of Trout was a stunner.

3. kanobro

kanobro My New Challenge Site Donor

Sometimes Byrd picks a winner and a score beforehand. It makes her job much easier and she can get caught up on social media instead of watching the fight.

4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

PAC Bradley 1

kanobro likes this.
  5. kanobro

That's what I thought of.

6. Miz

Miz Badlands

What? Never heard that before.

Canelo is a Mexican ginger. Of course he won. That's some ginger luck right there. Us gingers got to stick together.

7. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

It wasn't that close. It was a competitive fight but clearly a win for GGG to anyone who isn't legally blind.

MacEwen and ChuckBooty 2.0 like this.
  8. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

That or negligence.

9. kanobro

Little Cinnamon, it was in one of the prefight shows.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Miz likes this.
  10. KevoIsAPoopyHead

KevoIsAPoopyHead SMOKE BOMB!

Corruption, incompetence, negligence. Call it what you want. But when you've got the head of the NSAC immediately coming out to defend a judge who has consistently turned in questionable scorecards, I mean, I wish I had a job that I could suck at and still be lauded by my boss and not face any repercussions.

11. Walter Sobchak

I'm not following this Kano.... is nutmeg inferior to cinnamon in the spice world? Lol

12. kanobro

That is what I was inferring.
    Based on nothing but speculation.
    From my limited experience cinnamon is a little more popular than nutmeg.
    That does not necessarily make nutmeg inferior. But that was the just of it.

I, like Winklejohn, have much work to do on my material.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  13. Walter Sobchak

Lol love it, glad we are on the same page ha

kanobro likes this.
  14. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

15. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

Between the obvious pre-determined scoring and the trashing of MMA fighters during the commentary I'm 100% done with boxing.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  16. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

17. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Miz, Nebraska and kanobro like this.
  18. Noise

Noise Ruido

:rofl:, gotta' love Teddy.

I love how detractors of this are, like, completely oblivious to the truth in the actual statement itself lol. Like as if, in and of itself, the statement isn't absolutely true.

19. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Judge in Gennady Golovkin vs Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez fight punished, both camps react, rematch news

20. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Obvious corruption is obvious.

ChuckBooty 2.0 likes this.