Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin 2 Live Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by ATJ-Lucko, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Malevolence

Malevolence “Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!”

I scored both for GGG, love me some Canelo but once he started tiring in that fight his output was nowhere near Golovkins, last round be damned, Alvarez needed a couple of knock downs to win that fight in the last.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 15, 2018, ---
    Not a suggestion my man. That was some bullshit.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  2. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

First of all, it was a new fight. He didn't have to "change it from a draw."

But the answer to your question is that he became the aggressor and landed the most significant shots of most every round.

It was a brilliant performance. Very close fight, obviously, but there's not much to complain about with the decision IMO, not like the last time anyway. I see it as 1-1.

3. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

It was just like the last fight except instead of eating hard punches on the ropes he ate them in the middle of the ring. That’s what I meant by I don’t how he did enough to change it from a draw (which he undeservedly earned last time) to a majority decision in his favor (which, imo, undeservedly earned this time).

And again, he’s a punk for waiting for GGG to fall off. Judges wouldn’t be necessary if GGG were still in his prime. This whole saga is a raw deal for one of the most ducked fighters of all-time. Boxing better not let the same thing happen to Crawford.

Malevolence likes this.
  4. Malevolence

Boxing can’t hear you, use caps.

Nebraska likes this.
  5. Nebraska

DON’T HIDE YOUR FUCKING FIGHTERS, SHOWTIME! I WANT CRAWFORD-SPENCE!

Malevolence and Poindexter like this.
  6. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

We must have been watching different fights. Canelo brought the fight to GGG this time around, and pretty effectively neutralized his pressure style. Sure Golovkin landed more shots (mostly the jab), but Canelo was controlling the action and landing cleaner/more effective shots throughout most of that fight.

It was a pretty smart gameplan if you ask me. They kept calling it "dangerous" but it became pretty clear that taking GGG out of his element by not allowing him to be the aggressor made him significantly less dangerous.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 16, 2018, ---
    But I do agree with the 'out of his prime' part. He is starting to look a bit older and slower.

7. Malevolence

I thought Canelo earned maybe 2 & 3, scored the first even, GGG got rounds 4, 5 & 6. Canelo tired through those rounds, gave him maybe 2 rounds in the last 6. GGG showed his age a little, didn’t match Canelo down the way he did first time.

I don’t think a third fight does GGG any favors unless it’s in Russia where he can get some Borscht or possibly Macau where they can split a roast duck & pancakes, that might interest De la Hoya who can set up a fourth in the states to suit himself & Alvarez. If he can guarantee Golovkin 10 mil in the next two fights he’ll do it for sure.

PAC can rematch Floyd if the unterwubs are anything to be believes & Khan can get his shit shoved in by Kel Brook & go away forever, leaving him to own WW & the best MWs in the spotlight to make bank before we all shift focus to the sad af HW division which is hopefully spiced up by a Pocetkin win against AJ & rematch in Moscow.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I saw three rounds before consciousness left me.

Trodden likes this.
  9. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I had to miss the fight, was it worth watching?

10. Nebraska

Definitely. They didn’t leave the center of the ring.

Trodden likes this.
  11. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Felt like Canelo started to slip punches, and counter back real well in the later rounds, thought he won enough to take the fight. Great fight, and super close but I don't think GGG loses the 3rd fight, felt he was too confident in his chin and ate too many unnecessary punches but Canelo did look very crisp.

Kano likes this.